Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP
Jun 3, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #271 of 332
So far not so great - no option in this very early beta to save .xml file version of the library...

Have already submitted feedback tot he developer program for this to be included.

Hopefully, they will not ditch .xml file version of library as I assume many third party apps that hook into iTunes' library use that .xml file, no? I use TuneSpan and I think it might depend on that .xml file also... :frowning2: (EDIT: I also currently use Dapper)

Jun 4, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #273 of 332
We dont have this, @oknidius but our playlists take care of this on the device. What DAP do you have?

To be brutally honest, I ditched them all after they had so many sync issues with playlists (not Dapper; haven’t tried Dapper yet) that it became intolerable. I kept only an iPod Touch 6th Gen, Sony Walkman NW-A45, and Pioneer XDP-100A. The last two support proper folder alphanumeric ascending playback. So I dump all my “playlists” in one folder per playlist each organized alphanumerically with leading zeroes and play the folder view.

The stuff I sold includes FiiOs (X1, X1-II, X3-II, X5, X5-II, X7, X5–III, M6), Cayins (N3, N5-II, N5), Shanlings (M1, M5), Pono, Onkyo DP-S1, Cowon Plenues (D, J, R, 1), Opuses (1 & 1 metal), LG G7 ThinQ, Luxury & Precision L3, Lotoo something, Hifimans (HM650, MegaMini), iBassos (DX50, 80, 90), Sony’s (ZX1, ZX2, ZX100), ZTE Axon 7 Mini, Astell & Kerns (Jr, 70, 300), a variety of Chi-Fi from Xuelin, xDuoo, Hidisz, Hifi Walker; and a bunch more I can’t even recall.

Jun 5, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #274 of 332
To be brutally honest, I ditched them all after they had so many sync issues with playlists (not Dapper; haven’t tried Dapper yet) that it became intolerable. I kept only an iPod Touch 6th Gen, Sony Walkman NW-A45, and Pioneer XDP-100A. The last two support proper folder alphanumeric ascending playback. So I dump all my “playlists” in one folder per playlist each organized alphanumerically with leading zeroes and play the folder view.

The stuff I sold includes FiiOs (X1, X1-II, X3-II, X5, X5-II, X7, X5–III, M6), Cayins (N3, N5-II, N5), Shanlings (M1, M5), Pono, Onkyo DP-S1, Cowon Plenues (D, J, R, 1), Opuses (1 & 1 metal), LG G7 ThinQ, Luxury & Precision L3, Lotoo something, Hifimans (HM650, MegaMini), iBassos (DX50, 80, 90), Sony’s (ZX1, ZX2, ZX100), ZTE Axon 7 Mini, Astell & Kerns (Jr, 70, 300), a variety of Chi-Fi from Xuelin, xDuoo, Hidisz, Hifi Walker; and a bunch more I can’t even recall.
You're on a Mac?

Jun 6, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #276 of 332
Do you know why Dapper sometimes connects really slowly, even to cards in the internal card reader? Checked the card in Disk Utility, did a First Aid repair, it's fine, no errors. Transferred GBs last night with the same card/adapter, was connecting at 2-8Mb/s, but now it's 0.5Mb/s even after a restart!

Connecting via DAP was faster for a bit, now it's the same.

I'm on High Sierra, the machine isn't doing anything else atm. It's irritating because when the card was in the DAP, Dapper decided to transfer nearly a gig of files - weird I thought cos I did several big transfers last night - so I switch to the card reader because it was taking a long time, and it's slower! Then went back to the card being in the DAP/USB to find that too now was the same speed.

When it's like this you just have to wait :frowning2:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 16.58.37.png

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #279 of 332
The new Music App in Catalina now does have an "Export library" function that generates a .xml file that Dapper can use, but smart playlists and some other major things like multiple libraries aren't there yet...

I have "automated" a library xml export in case Apple never allow ut so "share XML with other applications":

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #280 of 332
Oh man, those smart playlists are really important to me, I hope Apple changes their implementation to export those, too... or I may find myself sticking with Mojave and iTunes.

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #282 of 332
Dapper has been updated to work with the new Music app thats in beta now for MacOS Catalina.
If Apple adds back in the automatic publishing of the XML file, it'll be even better, but we have automated the export.

New version waiting for review with Apple.

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #283 of 332
Dapper 4.31 is int he App Store!

In order to work around the MacOS Catalina issues, we have a script it runs automatically. The setup video can be seen below if you're interested.

If Apple "fixes" the issue I'll remove the scripting of the system to automate exporting your library each time, but for the moment, all looks good.

Aug 16, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #284 of 332
Dapper 4.31 is int he App Store!

In order to work around the MacOS Catalina issues, we have a script it runs automatically. The setup video can be seen below if you're interested.

If Apple "fixes" the issue I'll remove the scripting of the system to automate exporting your library each time, but for the moment, all looks good.

Works for me! :-D

I'm on the latest Catalina Dev beta...

Cheers dude!

Sep 17, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #285 of 332
Hello, I have a question. Wav files are my preferred format choice for all of my albums in iTunes. I have a Rockbox'd iPod, If I were to use Dap to transfer my albums to the iPod would it keep all the tag information?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back