Dangerous Music Source DAC
Dec 22, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #301 of 309
I had a conversation with their customer support sometime ago (just a few general questions about functionality) and they quoted the headphone amps as being 5 watts. If that is indeed true then it shouldn't have any issue driving most cans. Assuming you're meaning the HD800 when talking about the 800? There was a chap a while back who used this combo who reported it was an excellent match; he has the volume set to about 12 o'clock.
Doesn't seem like a 5w Amp. To me... Yes I mean the Hd800... I am at around 1 for most tracks even with the hd600/Hd800 ... And the source does suffer with vintage akg's(k240df/k260) and vintage orthos (hp1)

Dec 22, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #302 of 309
Isn't the output too hot(high gain/22db)..to plug into an external. Amp?

It depends on the amplifier, but most amplifiers with balanced input should be able to handle it. You can also choose to use the speaker out instead of line out and control the level... the pot tracks very well and is very transparent.

Thanks,
-Mike

Dec 26, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #304 of 309
Isn't the output too hot(high gain/22db)..to plug into an external. Amp?

They're hot, but usable if you're comfortable having limited play on the volume knob (getting LOUD at 9 'o' clock on the dial). At least that was my experience with a 150W external speaker amplifier, for listening without headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #308 of 309
Tested the ifi ipower X 12V power supply - good improvements, it's bit more relaxed sounding and less hazy now, improvements across the board. I expect an LPS should bring even more , but I don't have easy access to get one but I can get an ifi ipower elite 12v - it's a bit of an unknown but so far with their lesser ipower x I can't fault it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back