Dangerous Music Source DAC
Nov 11, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #121 of 309
Hi, 
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. 

I'm considering the DM Source for home audio 2 channel use. I will primarily utilize this for speakers, but headphones on occasion. 

Please tell me if you think this works well for 2 channel speaker use? 
Do you think the "pre-amp" section is top notch or do  you use a separate outboard pre-amp? 
[I couldn't find much info. on the pre-amp section, e.g. dual mono, etc. ]
Finally, to what other dacs have you guys compared the Source to know that it's "equal or better than X or Y?"

Thanks. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #122 of 309
  Hi, 
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. 

I'm considering the DM Source for home audio 2 channel use. I will primarily utilize this for speakers, but headphones on occasion. 

Please tell me if you think this works well for 2 channel speaker use? 
Do you think the "pre-amp" section is top notch or do  you use a separate outboard pre-amp? 
[I couldn't find much info. on the pre-amp section, e.g. dual mono, etc. ]
Finally, to what other dacs have you guys compared the Source to know that it's "equal or better than X or Y?"

Thanks. 

I think you may answer some of your questions by reading my review of the Source in my signature, just click on the link.  cheers

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #123 of 309
Does anyone know if the Source will work with a lightning camera connection kit? I recently got an iPhone 6 Plus and am thinking of various ways to stream/send digital information from the iPhone.

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #126 of 309
info@dangerousmusic.com

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #127 of 309
Super pumped for Convert 2:

Initial rumours are that it sounds better than the current Dangerous gear. The Convert 8 is priced at $3k ish. Dangerous is still deciding on the price. Q2 release probably.

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #129 of 309
From their Facebook page:

As promised, we have more information on the release of the new products. Convert-2 will have a street price of $2499, and Convert-8 will have a street price of $3499. They will be ready to ship by spring. We will give you any updates as we get them.

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #130 of 309
BTW what do you guys think about getting a linear power supply unit for the Dangerous Source? How about something like this: http://www.teradak.com/products/66.html

It goes for about $340 on Ebay.

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #131 of 309
I can't believe DMS doesn't get more attention on these forums.  I've had the opportunity to audition it and this DAC is absolutely out of this world and can power pretty much any headphone you throw at it.  Incredible sound quality and destroys DACs that are more than twice its price.  I know it, because I've briefly owned those DACs before too.  I don't trash other products, and I won't name names, but some of the more popular products that are recommended on here are simply outclassed by DMS in sound quality, features, and build quality.  I am speaking from experience, cause I've owned them.  But hey to each their own I guess...let people worry about their cables and tube rolling :).

This is a professional piece of equipment with pro quality.  It doesn't get better than this.

If I didn't own a DAC I'm already happy with, this would be included in my setup.

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #132 of 309
  I can't believe DMS doesn't get more attention on these forums.  I've had the opportunity to audition it and this DAC is absolutely out of this world and can power pretty much any headphone you throw at it.  Incredible sound quality and destroys DACs that are more than twice its price.  I know it, because I've briefly owned those DACs before too.  I don't trash other products, and I won't name names, but some of the more popular products that are recommended on here are simply outclassed by DMS in sound quality, features, and build quality.  I am speaking from experience, cause I've owned them.  But hey to each their own I guess...let people worry about their cables and tube rolling :).

This is a professional piece of equipment with pro quality.  It doesn't get better than this.

If I didn't own a DAC I'm already happy with, this would be included in my setup.

Word.  I don't own other DACs, but I've tried a few which cost $2-3k, and I'm completely happy with the Dangerous Source.  I'm right now perfectly content to keep it and use it with the incoming GSX Mk II.

Feb 7, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #133 of 309

Word.  I don't own other DACs, but I've tried a few which cost $2-3k, and I'm completely happy with the Dangerous Source.  I'm right now perfectly content to keep it and use it with the incoming GSX Mk II.

Same experience with other expensive DACs. I think most people on this forum genuinely believe that studio gear inherently can't sound musical or pleasing, so they don't bother with it.

Feb 7, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #134 of 309
BTW official product page for Convert 2. Specs and details will be added soon: http://www.dangerousmusic.com/products/convert-2

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #135 of 309
  BTW what do you guys think about getting a linear power supply unit for the Dangerous Source? How about something like this: http://www.teradak.com/products/66.html

It goes for about $340 on Ebay.

Before you do that you may wish to try the ifi iusb power.  $200 device that I heard on my friends $10k dac, yup it made a difference.  He says it makes a difference on every usb dac he has tried right down to $300 China board type dacs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back