Danacable Lazuli Reference Thread
Mar 15, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #151 of 289
Please can someone who has had the Lazuli Refrence (LR) and Focal Utopia, tell me notes about bass comparisons. (I have the rubber 3m Utopia cable.)

It's just that I have read one report that there was less bass with the Lazuli Reference cable. That's meaning compared to stock Utopia cable.

It seems odd though, because I was under the impression that the Lazuli Reference would fill out the Utopia. A more full-bodied sound in the bass, and mids, while being more detailed. Meanwhile correcting Utopia highs due to LR highs having more body and accuracy.

Mar 17, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #152 of 289
Please can someone who has had the Lazuli Refrence (LR) and Focal Utopia, tell me notes about bass comparisons. (I have the rubber 3m Utopia cable.)

It's just that I have read one report that there was less bass with the Lazuli Reference cable. That's meaning compared to stock Utopia cable.

It seems odd though, because I was under the impression that the Lazuli Reference would fill out the Utopia. A more full-bodied sound in the bass, and mids, while being more detailed. Meanwhile correcting Utopia highs due to LR highs having more body and accuracy.
Hello, this is just the humble opinion of my hears but the LR is miles ahead the Utopia Stock. I wouldn' say there are less bass with the LR, but that the Utopia stock is really dull. With the stock, I feel the bass (and the utopia) being dead. The Lazulli Reference is a kind of resurrectiontion for the Utopia. Now, once again, this is just my hears opinion. If you can, ask four your hears opinions :wink:

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #153 of 289
I agree with this. I own the Utopia's with the Lazuli Reference cables and it is a marked upgrade in bass response and overall clarity.

Mar 18, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #154 of 289
Any more Nirvana owners? I’m tempted to buy a pair for my Utopias. I have Lazuli Reference and there was a very noticeable improvement from the stock cables. So, I got to thinking the Nirvanas probably make my Utopias sound even better. The $3500 price is high, and I could use that money to buy another pair of headphones (probably Meze Empyreans) or upgrade my Hugo 2 and LTA MZ2 setup with a Hugo TT2.

Anyway, does anybody have any experience with what I mentioned above?

Not sure what you moved on to owning.

I have the Hugo 2 and TT2. The TT2 is easily and absolutley a worthwhile upgrade over the Hugo 2. ... Hugo 2 is still brilliant, and I would not part with it. (I still love my Mojo and play that sometimes, and won't part with that either.)

Mar 19, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #156 of 289
Not sure what you moved on to owning.

I have the Hugo 2 and TT2. The TT2 is easily and absolutley a worthwhile upgrade over the Hugo 2. ... Hugo 2 is still brilliant, and I would not part with it. (I still love my Mojo and play that sometimes, and won't part with that either.)
I know someone who tested many many cables including almost all Lazuli and finally chose the Nirvana and is in love with it. But I have no idea if the Nirvana (compared to the reference or the stock cable ? IMHO, you'll never get a good sound with the stock cable) would be a better upgrade than getting from the Hugo 2 to the TT2. May be the best would be to try to get a lent from Lazuli The nirvana is a dream I can't afford :sweat: but considering the situation, I part of the happy people in this word. :relaxed:

Mar 22, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #157 of 289
I have the Lazuli Reference cables on my Utopia and LCD-XC headphones and they change the way I experience music. The upgrade is like getting far better headphones or like getting an amp and/ or dac upgrade. I will be getting the Lazuli Reference Plus cable for my LCD4 headphones. The cables are in fact a component upgrade.

Mar 22, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #158 of 289
I have the Lazuli Reference cables on my Utopia and LCD-XC headphones and they change the way I experience music. The upgrade is like getting far better headphones or like getting an amp and/ or dac upgrade. I will be getting the Lazuli Reference Plus cable for my LCD4 headphones. The cables are in fact a component upgrade.

That's great man. What other hp cables have you tried?

Mar 22, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #159 of 289
Cardas, Stephan Audio Art,Audio Art HPX-1SE,ALO Chain Mail 8, LCD4 stock cable. These are the cables I can remember as I’ve gone through many headphones. The Lazuli Reference cables are a game changer. I’m losing sleep for listening to my headphones. I’m tripping like the ‘70’s

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #160 of 289
I have 2 Lazuli Reference cables so far with one of the cables on my Utopia and one of them on my LCD-XC’s. Later today I will be getting a Lazuli Reference Plus cable for my LCD4 headphones which are in for repair at Audeze. I will try my new Ref+ cable on my XC’s for now and will compare them to the standard Lazuli Reference cables. I will report back with initial findings and then as the cable further settles I will report my findings. Instinctively I would think the standard Reference cable to be ideal on the XC’s as they are a brighter sounding headphones.

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #161 of 289
I have 2 Lazuli Reference cables so far with one of the cables on my Utopia and one of them on my LCD-XC’s. Later today I will be getting a Lazuli Reference Plus cable for my LCD4 headphones which are in for repair at Audeze. I will try my new Ref+ cable on my XC’s for now and will compare them to the standard Lazuli Reference cables. I will report back with initial findings and then as the cable further settles I will report my findings. Instinctively I would think the standard Reference cable to be ideal on the XC’s as they are a brighter sounding headphones.
I agree with you : a 100% copper cable should be better than almost the same but with silver on brighter headphones.
Lucky you, I haven't been elected to order the reference plus (which I renamed the ultra minus :k701smile: as they are closer considering they both have a touch of silver )

Mar 23, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #162 of 289
I just received the Lazuli Reference Plus cable and am listening to my LCD-XC’s with it. It sounds nice new with 2 minutes play. I have a good feeling about this cable. I believe it will be glorious on my LCD4 headphones as it is nice new on my XC’s.

Mar 23, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #163 of 289
I just received the Lazuli Reference Plus cable and am listening to my LCD-XC’s with it. It sounds nice new with 2 minutes play. I have a good feeling about this cable. I believe it will be glorious on my LCD4 headphones as it is nice new on my XC’s.
I'm eager to have you review, even if danacable won't send it to me

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #164 of 289
So far it sounds livelier on my LCD-XC’s. The cable is still new but my first impression is that it is a more extended sounding cable with the range of sound being greater top to bottom. So far so good.

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #165 of 289
The Ref+ is beginning to sound scary good on my LCD-XC’s. The cable is not to bright at all. I’ve never heard my XC’s sound so beautiful. The Nirvana I ordered for my LCD4’s will be nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back