Dan Clark Audio (DCA) STEALTH and EXPANSE Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #62 of 186
Sep 13, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #64 of 186
Sep 13, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #65 of 186
Stealth is always better. 😆😆 But saying such things always upsets the Susvara fan boys. So many issues with Susvara but still the third best HP out there so I'll give it that.
Which is 2.?

Sep 13, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #66 of 186
Which is 2.?
Lcd4 but with all wifi ,cellphone turned off and dedicated mains. Lcd4 is sensitive to EMI. From here, it sounds like a Susvara with proper mid bass, has better sub bass extension quantity, no plastic uppers, and less ear cup resonance.

It is tied with another product that I won't mention outright. 😉

I just find it odd and super funny how the veterans would diss the Stealth and praise the Elite and Atriums. It has nothing to do with the headphones, but rather their chain. And to put them in the same sentence is very revealing.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #67 of 186
Lcd4 but with all wifi ,cellphone turned off and dedicated mains. Lcd4 is sensitive to EMI. From here, it sounds like a Susvara with proper mid bass, has better sub bass extension quantity, no plastic uppers, and less ear cup resonance.

It is tied with another product that I won't mention outright. 😉

I just find it odd and super funny how the veterans would diss the Stealth and praise the Elite and Atriums. It has nothing to do with the headphones, but rather their chain. And to put them in the same sentence is very revealing.
Chain……you remind me of this song e’rytime you say Chain. M.I.A. went to an art school and said let me in or I’ll become a prostitute. They let her in…..

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #69 of 186
How would you compare the warmth on the stealth versus Focal Stellia, Ether C Flows or even Meze Liric? Rated most warm to least?
Stellia, flows, expanse, liric to my ears (least to most warm)

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #71 of 186
Are you saying you rate the Liric as the LEAST warm of that group? I would say it (Meze Liric) is the most warm of those to my hearing so this is interesting on a few fronts if that is what you are saying. Not including the Expanse as I haven't heard them yet.
No. That is least to most, liric lushest.

Sep 13, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #72 of 186
I'm about 98% sure that this is an ignorant question, but given that I'm going to be using stealth headphones both for my personal listening and in a studio environment, I assumed that I should not use an Expanse while recording. There is enough bleed from the headphones to be picked up by a microphone, yes? That's why I started looking at the Stealths in the first place.

Sep 13, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #73 of 186
I'm about 98% sure that this is an ignorant question, but given that I'm going to be using stealth headphones both for my personal listening and in a studio environment, I assumed that I should not use an Expanse while recording. There is enough bleed from the headphones to be picked up by a microphone, yes? That's why I started looking at the Stealths in the first place.
I have recorded the difference in audio leak out and the difference is significant. I would not record anything sensitive while wearing these as monitors.

Sep 13, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #75 of 186
Damn. I had the Stellia’s and enjoyed the warmth. I have nothing now and thinking maybe the Liric will be a better fit for me than the Stealth price range.
Stellias are the second brightest can I’ve ever heard (Celeste #1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back