damn you, head-fi!
Apr 22, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #31 of 48
My god, I haven't seen that one. There are many poor Head-Fiers like poor mtbaird5687 above who could use a donation or two out of that stack.

Sweeeeeet Caroline, hell that PS Audio is worth more than my whole system.

Don't let ol' jjcha fool ya either. I cruise the feedback forums enough to know whats really goin' on.

Uh jjcha?

Apr 22, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmx
1 beyer dt770-250
1 sr325
1 MS2i
2 beyer dt 770-80
bought a cmoy
bought a mint
built a cmoy
AV710
made interconnects

Similar to me (minus the beyers) hehe including making my own interconnect part. btw you wouldn't be a basshead by any chance? having 3 DT770 seems a bit redundant to me
tongue.gif
. Which is your Favourite can?

Apr 22, 2005 at 9:56 AM Post #33 of 48
Lets see, within the last 2 years:

Headphones:
Koss Porta Pro
Beyerdynamic DT231 GALACTIC (sold them)
2 x Ety ER-4P + S Cable
Sennheiser HD600 (Sold)
Sennheiser HD650
Grado RS-1 (Sold)
Alessandro MS2i
Grado PS-1

Amps:
Headsave Ultra (Sold)
RS XP-7 (Sold)
EMP Anniversary

CD Player:
Cyrus CD6 (Sold)
Rega Jupiter

Pretty happy with my set up at the moment. But I know it's not the end.

I'm addicted I admit it.
icon10.gif

Apr 22, 2005 at 10:52 AM Post #34 of 48
The best cans I had before joining HeadFi were HD477's, and since I've never had much of a budget, I've made modest gains since then. They were:

-Grado SR60
-Grado SR125
-Cardas HPI
-Grado extension
-Grado Mini adaptor
-Etymotic ER6i
-all manner of canal based eartips
-Denon DCM350 (as a music source)
-KLH 920B's(It's Grado's fault; they were so good for the money I had to ditch
the Bose for the cheapo KLH towers+ 9900 center/surround package, which
ended up sounding WAY better)
-JMT CHA47/Meier/Levallois/Hansen amp

I'll get higher end reference cans and equipment when I get money from publishing my book...

Here's to optimism and the hope that one day I can afford a Stax system or HD650/600+upgrade cable+Earmax or other tube amp,
Abe

Apr 22, 2005 at 12:30 PM Post #35 of 48
I wonder what all of us going to have in 1 - 2 years time in the future ??

what do u guys think, do you think that u can get your dream gears in 1 - 2 years time?

probably for the one that have full time job and good pay, that dream might come true.
but me, a poor college student (graduating in 2 months time)... argh.. I dont know...

These lists of what people have buy and done for their gears will become a never-ending story, since they join 'headfi', dont u think so?
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #36 of 48
I'm still in the "thank you" stage. I came here before I bought my first set. All I wanted was an isolating set that would work under a helmet (enter the E2c with ultra-soft sleeve) and something small and open when I needed to be able to hear other things/people (KSC-75) - and both had to be suitable to use with a portable player. Both were awesome recommendations from here, btw, given the cash outlay and the intended uses.

I'm sure upgrade-itus will hit eventually. But for now, thanks Head-fi.

Apr 22, 2005 at 3:59 PM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by git20
I'm still in the "thank you" stage. I came here before I bought my first set. All I wanted was an isolating set that would work under a helmet (enter the E2c with ultra-soft sleeve) and something small and open when I needed to be able to hear other things/people (KSC-75) - and both had to be suitable to use with a portable player. Both were awesome recommendations from here, btw, given the cash outlay and the intended uses.

I'm sure upgrade-itus will hit eventually. But for now, thanks Head-fi.

The usual response to this is "Congrats, now run far away and never come back!"

Edit - they never listen to this advice either
cool.gif

Apr 22, 2005 at 5:12 PM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
My god, I haven't seen that one. There are many poor Head-Fiers like poor mtbaird5687 above who could use a donation or two out of that stack.

Sweeeeeet Caroline, hell that PS Audio is worth more than my whole system.

Don't let ol' jjcha fool ya either. I cruise the feedback forums enough to know whats really goin' on.

Uh jjcha?

I think that is a pic of ayt999's cd players, amps, and cans. Yep, he has sunk some big money into those items.

Apr 22, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

cool.gif

We are they, Jahn.
smily_headphones1.gif

BW

Apr 23, 2005 at 11:01 AM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

cool.gif

Too true and well spoken
biggrin.gif

Eventually I'll be catching the refrencephoneplustubeampitis, and I think it'll take recabled HD600/650's + Earmax(or other tube amp) to appease me.

THERE IS NO CURE FOR HEADFITIS!,
Abe

Apr 23, 2005 at 11:32 AM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
I think that is a pic of ayt999's cd players, amps, and cans. Yep, he has sunk some big money into those items.

Yup, it's ayt999's. The gnarely thing is that that pict is missing a fair number of big ticket items - such as his Blockhead or Qualia 010.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 23, 2005 at 11:51 AM Post #42 of 48
Yeah, I had a pair of HD580s with a MF X-Cans v2 and was quite happy for 7 years or so. Then I joined here and my $400 setup suddenly went to $1800!! That's a 450% increase, but hey it sounds the DB now!!

Hugh

Apr 28, 2005 at 12:57 PM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Man, those are some great purchases... Stop before you start thinking electrostatics or super high end sources/amps!

Best,

-Jason

It's almost as bad.....now I am thinking of:
* upgradng from Ety4S to UE-10 (I will be on the road a lot for an upcoming project at work) = extra $700. I really can't resist this one though because Ultimate Ears is moving to the same exact town where I live and they have offered to give me free impressions
very_evil_smiley.gif

* upgrading from MS2i to PS-1 = extra $1200 -- though it bothers me that they are THIS much....there has to be a cheaper place than $1400? Havent found it yet...

Apr 30, 2005 at 9:40 AM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmanc
Similar to me (minus the beyers) hehe including making my own interconnect part. btw you wouldn't be a basshead by any chance? having 3 DT770 seems a bit redundant to me
tongue.gif
. Which is your Favourite can?

Basshead? Who me?
basshead.gif

Yeah yeah.. I like my electronic music. I'm a coder/software engineer. Puts me in the right frame of mind to work. I've sold the 250 ohm 770, and one of the 80 ohm ones too - currently, I just have one new 80ohm 770, and the MS2i for headphones. And I think this is where I'll stop. for now. I think.

time to concentrate on amps and sources....

will it ever end?.....

Apr 30, 2005 at 1:05 PM Post #45 of 48
At this point I'm looking at a decrease in money and an equipment increase that it imaginary according to DesCurses Law of Signs to buy more equipment. Wheras everyone else has a bank account, B, with which to drain and buy more sound equipment, S, the formula is as follows:

1 = BS

so as the bank account drains, the equipment will increase.

Whereas on my side the bank account is replaced by a "would buy" imaginary variable, Bi. In fact, I've suggested a million times on this board that I really should invest in a piece of gear, when in fact, it cannot happen! So the variable S stays the same and uhhh this is pointless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back