Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 9th, 2013 - The "Not Quite In The Oven Yet" meetup
Jun 2, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #197 of 255
Sorry, no more boards or the like, just parts... LOTs of parts. I am moving, and clearing out all my non-essential stuff.

Perhaps one person can speak for it all, then share as appropriate?

Jun 5, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #202 of 255
AUSTIN AREA CAR POOL

Radiofrog and I will be driving together to the meet from greater Austin.  Anyone interested in joining the car pool should send me a PM ASAP. 

Depending on the number of people going, we will take either an economy car that is good on gas or a full sized sedan (unless some joining us wants to drive in an equal or better vehicle).   We want to be at the meet not later than 11 a.m.

Jun 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #203 of 255
Looks like my trip to NYC just dropped, so I'm in.
I'm coming light. No time to prep a portable source.
I'm going to just bring a couple sets of cans, no amps or sources.
I'm thinking the sr-202 to go with Al's exstata, and the Grado RS1 and sr-100.
I may have to break off to go back to work  (remote support).
Any interest in hearing a Pico DAC or IBasso d-12 amp/dac?

Jun 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #204 of 255
Can you PLEASSSSE bring the RS-1's? I would absolutely love to hear those.

Jun 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #205 of 255
Don't think I'll be making the trip this time guys. Ride dropped out, and we're tight on funds atm so a carpool won't work either (plus 7 hours on the road there and back same day sounds awful).

Have fun, take pics, etc. first Texas meet I'm missing since the 'revival'.

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #206 of 255
Seeing as I just ordered the DT880s, I don't think it would be a good idea to go and listen to all these other insanely expensive headphones right before I get my DT880s. Don't want to ruin the magic. So I won't be making it, sorry!

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #207 of 255
Sounds like a lame excuse! :p

When I went to my first meet I had just assembled a new rig with new amp and headphones. Listening to the rigs at the meet only served to make me appreciate mine even more. I found nothing at the meet I preferred that was anywhere near my price range, and honestly even stuff that was better and significantly more expensive wasn't much better. My second meet was the same result. My third meet I had gone a direction I didn't think was right and the meet helped me decide it wasn't. My fourth and fifth meets left me not interested in buying anything new, and only in my sixth meet did I find something to finally buy. It also happens to be the final puzzle piece in my perfect setup.

Meets can be dangerous to the wallet, but if you have self control and learn as much as you can and take notes, you will actually save way more than you mightspend otherwise, and you may find new appreciation for gear you already have as I normally do.

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #208 of 255
But I'm not going to buy anything at all for at least the next 5 years. Any temptations would be a really bad idea :p

Edit: I don't really have gear, these are my first good headphones :p Nothing for me to really appreciate there. If I was going into this with something at all, which I won't (I won't have the DT880s until tuesday or so), then I'd have a huge reason to go. But all I will be doing is setting myself up for disappointment by listening to the HD800s on sunday, and then listening to the DT880s within the next day or two.

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #209 of 255
I'm super jealous I can't go, especially since there will be carpooling from Austin. My graduation is the day before, so I'll be flying home the day of the meet. I hope it's a lot of fun, and I look forward to attending one soon (hopefully in Austin).

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #210 of 255
Can't wait for it! I got a ride woooo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back