Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 9th, 2013 - The "Not Quite In The Oven Yet" meetup
Jun 7, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #226 of 255
Thanks jjshin23!

I'd like to hear your LCD-3 on my DACmini CX and Soloist.

See you there!

Yes planning to come and bringing the LCD3. Mad Dogs and AKG 702 65th. Running the LCD3 off of Gungnir/Mojo stack which is pretty good but don't want to lug all that around. Lyr maybe but it really does not do it justice. Fostex TH900 does not look like it will come in on time right now.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #227 of 255
Quote:
AUSTIN AREA CAR POOL

Radiofrog and I will be driving together to the meet from greater Austin.  Anyone interested in joining the car pool should send me a PM ASAP. 

Depending on the number of people going, we will take either an economy car that is good on gas or a full sized sedan (unless some joining us wants to drive in an equal or better vehicle).   We want to be at the meet not later than 11 a.m.

Last call....

Jun 7, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #228 of 255
I should be able to be there.  I will bring an E12 (v1) and a stock T50RP fitted with Alpha Pads.  It looks like there will be multiple Mad Dogs there, and I am curious how those compare with a simple pad replacement. 

Also, anybody interested in EQing their headphones?  My take on it might generate some interest.  I'll bring a pair of Monoprice 8323s for fun. 

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #230 of 255
Have a safe trip. Going to get packed up tonight and get to bed early, tomorrow is going to be a long day. Up at 5 and get back home about midnight.

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #231 of 255
Have safe trips everyone! Can't wait!

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #232 of 255
I have changed my mind once again, and will hopefully be going... Probably not bringing anything, though.

Edit: When I go, should I bring something to listen to my own music on, like a laptop, or should I just bring a phone? Or, does each headphone get a station with previously chosen music for it? If I did bring my DT880s Pros, would someone else be willing to let me use a higher end amp with them? My current amp doesn't even come close to powering them. Thanks.

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #233 of 255
I've got work at 4:00 tomorrow, so I'll have to leave around 2:30~ :frowning2: hope I get to meet as many of you as possible!

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #234 of 255
@ daleb

Burn a sample CD if you can. Some rigs will have a CD player, some will be hooked up to a computer or tablet so you might be limited to what is on the device. I'm sure anyone will let you use your DT880 on any rig there, just ask first!

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #235 of 255
Well, I might just have to listen to their sample music, then. Oh well
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #236 of 255
Quote:
I have changed my mind once again, and will hopefully be going... Probably not bringing anything, though.

Edit: When I go, should I bring something to listen to my own music on, like a laptop, or should I just bring a phone? Or, does each headphone get a station with previously chosen music for it? If I did bring my DT880s Pros, would someone else be willing to let me use a higher end amp with them? My current amp doesn't even come close to powering them. Thanks.

I definitely recommend having some of your own music there.  A thumb drive with a few songs, a cd, or even your own laptop will work.  It's probably not that common, but my DAC has an iPod dock in the top, so pretty much any 30-pin apple player will work with that.  And yes, most people won't mind if you plug in your headphones.  The general rule is to treat everyone's gear with respect, and you'll be fine.

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #237 of 255
This is going to be interesting, going to bed now, hoping to get up at 6:30 and leaving Austin around 7:30. I managed to drag a friend with me so we'll see what he thinks of all of this. I'll be bringing my HD600s and cmoy, and of course my ipods. They currently are my best sources. Looking forward to all of this tomorrow. :D

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #238 of 255
Just looked at the forecast. Lots of rain today. Take care of your equipment

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #239 of 255
Putting all my gear in a nice swissgear backpack.

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #240 of 255
Shaeds of Hutto... roll of garbage bags for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back