Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 9th, 2013 - The "Not Quite In The Oven Yet" meetup
Apr 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #32 of 255
Most colleges in the US are out early-mid May.

I'm pretty sure he means the June 9th date won't negatively affect college students from attending the meet. :wink:

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #34 of 255
Not aware of any summer classes that meet on Sundays...

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #35 of 255
Quote:

Summer classes?

I feel bad for people who take summer classes unless it's forced due to graduation necessity.
redface.gif

It's like you're paying to sap away potential months in your life that you have free to do anything you want in the world. It's the reason I'm considering becoming a college professor a bit later on in life - extended vacation time is hard to come by after college assuming you have a normal 9-5.

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #36 of 255
Quote:
Not aware of any summer classes that meet on Sundays...

You will be amazed. Hell this semester I had just my reviews, not even a class, but reviews on a sunday and almost every person in the class showed up. The earlier classes, yeah they were jokes. But once you get in your junior and senior years and those hard chemistry, biology, math, or god help them all physic classes roll around. There is no more life. I wake up by my GF every morning and there is so much **** that I have to study that I don't even go for morning sex any more...it's that bad.
Quote:
I feel bad for people who take summer classes unless it's forced due to graduation necessity.
redface.gif

It's like you're paying to sap away potential months in your life that you have free to do anything you want in the world. It's the reason I'm considering becoming a college professor a bit later on in life - extended vacation time is hard to come by after college assuming you have a normal 9-5.

I changed my major 6x so yeah I'm ready to GTFO but only because I am mortal. I am going for investment banking now so I am signing up for 18hrs a day 5 days a week. It kind of feels good when I go to bed and I know all these new informations but I am sure as life goes by my opinions will change.

As soon as I'm done though I am going to teach myself spanish and italian. Viva la duolingo.com lol...oh and hacking...classes are pricey but worth it IMO. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #37 of 255
Man I am glad I don't have to do that summer school crap any more.  Those days are long gone.  Now after 4 kids who suck the life out of you by the end of the day and morning sex… only when the wife gives the green light.  Used to have a nice A/V Speaker system, well still do but can't use it as much as I want now.  The only thing left is the few minutes before the kids wake up to have a good cup joe and a brisk morning breeze with my headphones. So work hard and look forward to the rest of your life - haha!  (man I miss those summer school days now - even on Sunday)

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #38 of 255
Just saw this thread. I don't know what I will be bringing to the meet. From time to time I think about getting out of this headphone world and spend some time with a near field monitor setup. Who knows... I am currently looking at some Adams and Airmotivs. 

I just put my Stax system up for sale. I have been thinking about getting a tube amp and a pair of HD800. So that might be my set up which is not really good news for most of you guys who are going to be there. Also I recently acquired a HE-400, but most folks from the previous meet didn't really care for the Hifimans. I really would like to hear the latest batches of LCD-2 and 3s. It's been soo long. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #39 of 255
If I had the money I'd buy your Stax rig right now. I loved those 404LEs.

Quote:
Just saw this thread. I don't know what I will be bringing to the meet. From time to time I think about getting out of this headphone world and spend some time with a near field monitor setup. Who knows... I am currently looking at some Adams and Airmotivs. 

I just put my Stax system up for sale. I have been thinking about getting a tube amp and a pair of HD800. So that might be my set up which is not really good news for most of you guys who are going to be there. Also I recently acquired a HE-400, but most folks from the previous meet didn't really care for the Hifimans. I really would like to hear the latest batches of LCD-2 and 3s. It's been soo long. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #40 of 255
Quote:
Man I am glad I don't have to do that summer school crap any more.  Those days are long gone.  Now after 4 kids who suck the life out of you by the end of the day and morning sex… only when the wife gives the green light.  Used to have a nice A/V Speaker system, well still do but can't use it as much as I want now.  The only thing left is the few minutes before the kids wake up to have a good cup joe and a brisk morning breeze with my headphones. So work hard and look forward to the rest of your life - haha!  (man I miss those summer school days now - even on Sunday)

I know life is downhill right after college so yeah I am enjoying it right now, in a way lol. 
Quote:

Headphones, home audio, and car audio KIND of blend together man so do what I did and switch between them. Makes it a lot more fun. Plus most of these headphone amps cost as much as a car amp which the first time I saw it blew my mind. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #41 of 255
Quote:
If I had the money I'd buy your Stax rig right now. I loved those 404LEs.

Assuming that you wouldn't low-ball me, I'll see what I can do if you really want to buy them. 

Apr 21, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #45 of 255
I'm not positive I can come, but I'll try! :D I don't have many headphones as I'm moving to speakers though... I only have my Phillips Uptowns and JVC HA-S500z... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back