Dallas, TX - "Deux for 2012", a not-quite-as-mini meet - Sunday, October 14th
Oct 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #121 of 163
FYI... the meet will be held in this building just east of Preston Road at NW Hwy. Can't miss it. Just park and c'mon in the front door. No need to sign in... the front desk will direct you to the community room. 

Oct 14, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #122 of 163
Nick just to make sure and that I am so lazy right now that I won't bother looking it up, is it going to be in the same room or a different one this time? 

Oct 14, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #125 of 163
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

What is your house made out of paper? I didn't get a drop of rain driving to Dallas last night. Did it really rain that hard in Austin?​
 ​
Quote:
Dealing with some minor storm damage from last night.  Don't think I would leave until noon which makes it not worth going :frowning2:

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #126 of 163
We just have an old tree that finally lost a branch.  It's not even the house.  Its the fence.  It's not that big of a deal, but just want to take care of it because both us and the neighbor have dogs.
Quote:
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

What is your house made out of paper? I didn't get a drop of rain driving to Dallas last night. Did it really rain that hard in Austin?​
 ​

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #127 of 163
┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ)

It's cool I guess. Keep those trees trimmed, yo.

Quote:
We just have an old tree that finally lost a branch.  It's not even the house.  Its the fence.  It's not that big of a deal, but just want to take care of it because both us and the neighbor have dogs.

Oct 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #128 of 163
Over in Flower Mound we go a decent amount of rain. The wind whipped up and down for about and hour before that.
I got my trees trimmed up about two weeks ago, so no problem here!
L3000.gif

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #130 of 163
What...No pictures.....

popcorn.gif

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #132 of 163
I had a good time today at the meet.

Too bad I had to leave early.

Next time.

Thank you for having me.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll112/ElDonParet/IMG_0449.jpg

Picture shows me at one of the tables.

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

Oct 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #133 of 163
Quote:
I had a good time today at the meet.

Too bad I had to leave early.

Next time.

Thank you for having me.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll112/ElDonParet/IMG_0449.jpg

Picture shows me at one of the tables.

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

How those Senns sound?

Oct 14, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #135 of 163
[size=10.0pt]A big thanks to Nick for organizing the meet. I had a chance to listen to some really top shelf stuff. :) Took pictures, but since it was out of my phone I'm sure others have much better ones to share.[/size]

1. Maxvla had the Bryston BHA-1 and Schiit Mjolnir available side by side for comparison. The Bryston took it for me, but the Mjolnir performed very admirably at a significantly lower price point.
  2. I am now lusting for a good balanced amp. I brought the Paradox with me to the meet and it sounded absolutely fantastic out of some of the options I tried. Just an incredibly enjoyable experience. The O2 just doesn’t quite cut it compared to the better options out there.
  3. Grados are not the sound signature for me. Neither the RS-1 nor the SR225 did anything for me. Good experience to have though, learned a bit more about my preferences!
  4. Maxvla’s Colorware HD 800s were extremely classy looking in all black. The HD 800s still sound as good as I remember. Detail and soundstage are absolutely divine. They are slightly bright for my tastes, but I may end up with a pair of my own sometime in the near future.
  5. Something that I do not have planned in the near future is MorbidToaster’s 009 setup. Cambridge 851C -> Liquid Lightning -> Stax SR-009. This was the highlight for me. First threw on Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon and was impressed. It was probably the best I had ever heard the album sound. However, it wasn’t significant enough to justify the cost of the system to me. Then I put Norah Jones’ Don’t Know Why on and instantly melted. Nick commented that I was grinning hard when he looked over and it’s true. I had a huge smile on the moment the song came on. I have never heard the song sound so good before. What an absolute treat. Will deposit all of my upcoming paychecks directly into savings so I am not tempted to start my own journey towards the audio pinnacle.

Had an blast, great to meet so many friendly and knowledgeable Head-Fiers. J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back