Dallas June 9 Impressions thread
Jun 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #46 of 59
Um...I think that I'd have noticed if they were there. 
tongue.gif
 It's possible that I missed them. I wasn't there all day. On a promising note I may have secured an audition of the he60!! 
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #48 of 59
Quote:
Subscribe to this thread (and/or the previous Dallas thread). I'll reply to both with the next date. Should be late September/early October. Will be here before you know it!

I am in Dallas Sept 30. I could come in a day early.....
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #50 of 59
Jun 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #51 of 59
I was actually thinking about arranging a mini meet in Collin county in mid-late July for anyone that's interested. I already have a maybe from Goldtuba :) pm me if you're interested!

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #52 of 59
Hey, I just wanted to chime in with my thanks for everyone involved in the meet and putting it together.

I am a newb and just getting started in the head-fi arena (been an audiophile for years in car and home speaker audio), and I really appreciated the chance to see and hear the different setups that were there.  I had a great time chatting with several of you, and experiencing some great audio with the various combinations around the room.

I have been inspired to start exploring a little and am looking at acquiring some entry-level gear to get started, with AHorseNamedJeff's help.

I am looking forward to the Fall meet and plan on setting aside more than a couple of hours to attend.

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #53 of 59
Quote:
Hey, I just wanted to chime in with my thanks for everyone involved in the meet and putting it together.

I am a newb and just getting started in the head-fi arena (been an audiophile for years in car and home speaker audio), and I really appreciated the chance to see and hear the different setups that were there.  I had a great time chatting with several of you, and experiencing some great audio with the various combinations around the room.

I have been inspired to start exploring a little and am looking at acquiring some entry-level gear to get started, with AHorseNamedJeff's help.

I am looking forward to the Fall meet and plan on setting aside more than a couple of hours to attend.

Welcome to Head-Fi bigjohn1 - sorry about your wallet!  
biggrin.gif

AHorseNamedJeff has a lot of enthusiasm and a good ear, from what I can tell, having spent some time with him at the meet.  It's nice to have a good mentor when tackling a new hobby.

Mike

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #54 of 59
It as a wonderful meet with great guys and ridiculously fantastic equipment. I could not stay long enough to meet and thank everyone who generously setup their systems because I brought a friend who did not adapt well to the environment. I hope to remedy this at the next meet.

I want to add that I found my next headphones, the Audez'e LCD-2. They suited my listening priorities and prefernces perfectly and are "affordable". They seemed to me to be a great headphone for listening to all genres of music.

I have been an audio enthusiast and music lover since I was a teenager and have learned that one's preferences are completely subjective. This was reinforced when listening with the Sennheiset HD 800s. They seemed to be too tipped up in the upper range to be satisfying for me to listen with, but so revealing, if that is the right phrase, to be enjoyed by others.

Thanks again gentleman.

Jun 25, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #55 of 59
I just moved to Dallas (Sachse) from Atlanta.  I finally unpacked my headphones this weekend, so maybe I can beg an invite to the next meet?  Thanks. 

PS.  A hello shout out to Purk if you are still following this thread.

Jun 25, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #56 of 59
Quote:
I just moved to Dallas (Sachse) from Atlanta.  I finally unpacked my headphones this weekend, so maybe I can beg an invite to the next meet?  Thanks. 

I was wondering where you were at a recent Canlanta meet.  Hope all are well!  We will miss you around here.

Jun 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #57 of 59
Quote:

Post #33 of this thread suggests to subscribe to the thread to get info on the next meet.

I'm just returning to audiophilia after 12 years away. I missed the last meet as well and would have liked to attended. 

I've got a new HDVD800 and a balanced set of T1s that I'm growing into :) Where are you in Sachse? I live down just off Hudson by the schools.

- Jeff

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #58 of 59
Read thread # 33.  Subscribe to thread.  Yes, I can handle that, thanks wiseman ja.  I moved to Sachse Farms off of Murphy Rd just north of Sachse Kroger just north of Firewheel Mall.  Off topic but I am impressed with Dallas.  I could not ask for nicer people (except when driving) or tastier food.  Not so humid and buggy as Atlanta, although a little warmer. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back