Dacmagic question > RCA and Balanced outputs simultaneously?
Jul 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nicholars

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a dacmagic connected to my NAD 326Bee amplifier which I currently use as a headphone amplifier from the RCA out on the Dacmagic.....

If I wanted to connect a seperate headphone amp via the balanced outs on the dacmagic would this work? There is no switch on the dacmagic to select outputs.

I want to use the dacmagic to do the following :

Dacmagic > RCA cable > NAD 326Bee > Speakers

Dacmagic > Balanced XLR cable > Balanced headphone amp > Headphones

I would like both of these connections available at the same time.

I am not sure if this is possible? Can you use both outputs on the dac at the same time or can you only use one at a time?

Thanks much appreciated

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #4 of 7
So how would this work?

Would audio come through both outputs at the same time and this would have to be controlled by switching the other components on or off?

Because there is no switch on the dacmagic to select outputs I guess sound will just come through both and you will have to switch the headphone amp / speaker amp on or off as needed?

Could this damage the DAC / amplifiers in any way? Or is the dacmagic designed to be used this way?

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm actually runnng the Dacmagic into an Apache balanced then into a Cambridge audio 640 r to my speakers and it sounds pretty good. May have to check out that 851 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back