DAC difference
Dec 4, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #541 of 577
Streaming has much more selection than your LP collection. I have tens of thousands of records myself, but I’d never go back to that exclusively. Digital sounds better, it’s more convenient, it’s less expensive, and there’s a huge library of music available. I can fit my music library in a shirt pocket and play it on the go with the same sound I get at home. No hiss, no crackle, so skips in records, and no inner groove distortion.

You can certainly add coloration to your personal taste, it’s just more practical to do that just before the amplification stage so the coloration is applied consistently across all your sources; and it’s best done by a DSP where you can precisely dial in exactly the type and amount of signal degradation you want.
Streaming service is bigger, but it doesn’t do the job with music that I look for. Each streaming service has their own watermarks, spotify/apple is not good regards size of their library, others even worse…youtube is actually best bet, but you end up with home made vinyl rip’s and tracks removed due to copyright. Well mastered music do sound amazing on LP’s and you would be surprised on the amount of it not present in digital format. Let’s just not go there. I’m happy that digital fits all your needs.

The best way is to get the sound that you enjoy straight out of box without any trickery either it’s HP’s or speakers. Don’t see any issues if you can push sound towards your liking with the button press or with certain DAC. Not everyone has time and energy to learn nuances of DSP

Dec 4, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #542 of 577
I like old music too, and Amazon has tons of it. Have you tried Amazon Unlimited? I can't believe there is much that you listen to that isn't on Amazon.

There is no "one-size-fits-all" coloration. Learning to use tools like DSP and equalization is what separates us from the apes! Get on it, Cheetah.

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #543 of 577
I like old music too, and Amazon has tons of it. Have you tried Amazon Unlimited? I can't believe there is much that you listen to that isn't on Amazon.

There is no "one-size-fits-all" coloration. Learning to use tools like DSP and equalization is what separates us from the apes! Get on it, Cheetah.

Lots of stuff is not in digital. Especially released in middle east, asia. Victor Kiswell is a good starting point.

You don’t believe many things, that’s fine 🐒

Dec 5, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #544 of 577
That is a pretty selective taste! You listen to Middle Eastern music all the time? For that it would be best to use that world radio station site and tune in to broadcasts in the countries you’re interested in.

Dec 5, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #545 of 577
That is a pretty selective taste! You listen to Middle Eastern music all the time? For that it would be best to use that world radio station site and tune in to broadcasts in the countries you’re interested in.

No, but plenty of stuff not present in digital was released in usa&europe too. When you scratch just the surface with beatles/pink floyd than streaming services does the job. Today I’ve actually come across album released in USA “Roshell Anderson - Introducing”

Why should I bother with radio ? I get better sound and artists that I enjoy on my TT. When I’m exploring I listen to sets released by artists/collectors that I’m interested in.
You imply your opinion too much starting from gear and ending on how/what should i listen. I won’t pollute this thread further

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #546 of 577
Why should I bother with radio ?

Oh man! I get to turn you on to one of the most amazing things on the internet... Radio Garden.

http://radio.garden/visit/goeksun/rB4C-rEr

This site gives you a map of the globe with little dots on it. Each dot represents a live feed from a radio station broadcasting from that spot. You can hear music from places you didn't even know existed. I've started you out in Turkey, but there are amazing stations in Africa, Pakistan, Java... anyplace you want to go.

I know you're dedicated to being a sourpuss here, but I'm sharing something truly amazing with you. You're welcome! Enjoy!

Dec 5, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #547 of 577
Oh man! I get to turn you on to one of the most amazing things on the internet... Radio Garden.

This site gives you a map of the globe with little dots on it. Each dot represents a live feed from a radio station broadcasting from that spot. You can hear music from places you didn't even know existed. I've started you out in Turkey, but there are amazing stations in Africa, Pakistan, Java... anyplace you want to go.

I know you're dedicated to being a sourpuss here, but I'm sharing something truly amazing with you. You're welcome! Enjoy!

The usual mainstream stations, sorry mate not my cup of tea. I’ll drop you a pm with vinyl sets. You won’t find such things here. At most they go as short shows in certain radio stations

Dec 5, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #548 of 577
The usual mainstream stations

YOU DIDN'T EVEN CLICK THE LINK. You are pushing the envelope on disingenuousness.

Go and check out the site and come back and say something honest.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #549 of 577
YOU DIDN'T EVEN CLICK THE LINK. You are pushing the envelope on disingenuousness.

Go and check out the site and come back and say something honest.

I did and the ones i checked same mainstream fluff… my pm will give you a better understanding and you are always welcome to share through there if you find something interesting.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #550 of 577
I did and the ones i checked same mainstream fluff… my pm will give you a better understanding. you are always welcome to share through there if you find something interesting.
'Mainstream fluff

I've had a look at this, great stuff 👍

Dec 5, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #551 of 577
Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #552 of 577
"Siberia" got my laugh :)
Is there Alaska radio?

P. S. Thoroughly off-topic as well, just to note for the records.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #553 of 577
Pearls before swine. That tells me all I need to know. There's something wrong with you.

Dec 5, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #555 of 577
Pearls before swine. That tells me all I need to know. There's something wrong with you.
I just don’t like the blind hunt to go through 99% to find something that I enjoy. No doubt that there are some good radio stations, but I got my sources where I barely keep up, plus I can retrieve releases which I can purchase or with good luck find them in streams

Lots of stuff simply can’t be played by radios as it’s too expensive to gather such collection. Mainly they don’t even aim towards such crowd. some stations simply invite folks for a show who spend their lifetime collecting rare stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back