Dac/Amp used with speakers
Dec 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

trenino

New Head-Fier
Hello all. What a great site this is. 

I am contemplating on the possibility of getting a Dac + Amp or Dac/Amp combo to connect my macbook and listen from my sennheiser HD 25-1 ii. I would like the whole thing to be as portable as possible. My question is: if i make this investment, would it be possible to drive small speakers with the amp/dac , besides the headphones?

Currently I use the Creative Gigaworks T20 but will probably be replacing them soon with reference monitors (i do film editing among other things).

thanks

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hello all. What a great site this is. 

I am contemplating on the possibility of getting a Dac + Amp or Dac/Amp combo to connect my macbook and listen from my sennheiser HD 25-1 ii. I would like the whole thing to be as portable as possible. My question is: if i make this investment, would it be possible to drive small speakers with the amp/dac , besides the headphones?

Currently I use the Creative Gigaworks T20 but will probably be replacing them soon with reference monitors (i do film editing among other things).

thanks

I would say to get a Fiio E10 USB-DAC-Head Amp. The E10 comes with a headphone amplifier and a line-out so you can use it's DAC feature for speakers
Adorama sells the Fiio E10 for $44.99.

And get a Lepai speaker amplifier and Dayton Audio B652 speakers, from Parts Express.

Should be able to get everything for $150 or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back