DAC+AMP Recommendations!
May 12, 2012 at 8:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

New Head-Fier
Hello, 
smile.gif

So, today brought me a long time elected Sennheiser HD 215:

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_dj-h...nes-hd-215

I thought that now I listen to a better sound quality.. BUT NO.. I think this is my PC (Desktop) is to blame. 7 years. Very old, faulty PSU, Motherboard (etc) do not support the new sound technology standards. When I listen through, there is absolutely no bass, just dirty stereo, buzz, music plays softly. Motherboard just as my PC is old, the sound is integrated (Realtek), bad quality. Settings do not change anything. I'm a producer. I make a music. I love music! Listen to music very much and I want to listen to really good quality. This is going to want to get the DAC+AMP and submit untreated digital audio signal. I want cheaper DAC+AMP. I can't spend more than 120[size=small]$[/size]. But with a such characteristics: 8 channels, 192KHz, 24bit, a lot of SNR and with S/PDIF support. I'm waiting on a proposal, recommendations, advice and opinions. 
smile.gif

Sorry for my poor English. 
frown.gif

May 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 11
A used Xonar D1 (8 channel) and a new Fiio E11.
The Xonar D1 has all the features you asked for, but the headphone output S##Ks.
Where as the Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier is great for driving headphones.

What OS are you using on the computer?

May 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
I don't want Fiio. Just without Fiio.
@PurpleAngel : Yeah, I will probably buy Xonar D1! :) What about this soundcard? Please, something more about it. :)

The Xonar D1 & DS are only ok at powering headphones (no headphone amplifier).
The Xonar DG comes with a half-way decent headphone amplifier (and it's cheaper).

May 20, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #11 of 11
The price difference between them is a quite a little. The D1 is "freshest", chip/set is "freshest". The parameters it's also better, so I think it pays to buy the D1. I think D1 played better than the DS and DG with a "low-end" Headphone AMP.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back