Da Vinci Code Movie: MAJOR RANT
May 23, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #61 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
You are just flat wrong, seriously deluded, or you have not done any real factual investigation, with all due respect. Almost all of the historical "fact" in the book and the movie is not fact at all. Oh yeah, I forgot, Paris is a city in France. Other than that, it is 99% hogwash. Whether that is a problem or how much of a problem it is, is another issue. But to suggest what Dan Brown wrote is mostly factual or that even a substantial part is factual is laughable.
580smile.gif

Brother listen, I am not here to argue with anyone. These are my opinions and my opinions alone! I did my study from multiple sources and came up with the conclusion that I came up with. This is the reaction I usually get when I bring these "facts" up with devout christians. They are appalled at any notion that would question the divinity of Jesus Christ or any other "fact" in the Bible. But I digress.

Sorry if I offended anyone here. Please these are my opinions and my opinions alone and I am entitled to them.

You can believe what ever you want to and I will believe what ever I want to. This is a touchy subject so I will leave it alone.

Have a good day.

May 23, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #62 of 67
I like chocolate!

May 23, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #63 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Connectz
They are appalled at any notion that would question the divinity of Jesus Christ or any other "fact" in the Bible.

I wasn't really comenting on those issues, so much as the many facts of a historical nature (many of which are not even referenced in the Bible and don't relate directly to Jesus' divinity), which Dan Brown got absolutely flat wrong (either accidentally or because he was writing "fiction.") But I do think it is best not to discuss these on this thread, as the subject of his errors and his motivations can easily lead to discussions that run afoul of the rules against political and religious content. I invite anyone who wants to continue the discussion to do so via PM, so we can keep this thread clean.

And Connectz, you have a good day too.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #64 of 67
I've read all books written by Dan Brown and watched the Da Vinci Code movie... I actually quite liked the movie as an adaptation, I don't take anything seriously and view the changed events from the book as interesting and see if it makes the story anymore interesting. Just because a movie doesn't follow a book doesn't mean it's a poor adaptation or version of the book. Of course movies and stories are highly subjective, but in the end I did like the ending, and the movie overall was enjoyable.

Something I don't like about Dan Brown's books is that the story lines become very repetitive, in terms of how it's structured. As someone said before, it becomes very predictable... All in all the storyline was very entertaining and enjoyable but most certainly not to be taken seriously...

May 23, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #65 of 67
After seeing the movie this afternoon with some friends...all the people who didn't read the book loved the movie, while those of us who read the book liked the movie as a movie, but not as an adaptation of the book. I felt it was missing a few things, and felt a little rushed at the start, and drawn out in the end. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10 as a movie...maybe a little less if I try and compare it too much to the book.

May 25, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #67 of 67
The book is bad, the movie is worse, and Dan Brown is rich. How bad is bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back