Da Vinci Code Movie: MAJOR RANT
May 20, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #17 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyamaiata
Ditto. I read the book and I don't think the movie was that bad; even thought they leave out a lot of details, the ending was really good. The message Robert expresses when talking with Sophie is really a beautiful thought.

The ending was really good?
confused.gif
Maybe they showed an alternate ending in Panama then they did here
tongue.gif

May 20, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #18 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by felixkrull6
Totally agree with this one. Although I thought Sphere was also a horrible adaptation.

Sphere at least had acceptable special effects and actors. The gorillas in Congo were hilarious.

May 20, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #19 of 67
Man I really wanted to see this...I'm not so sure that I want to now. I liked the book, and I don't really wanna pay $10 to be disappointed...is it really that bad? I think I'll save my ticket admission for X-Men III
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #20 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
I think I'll save my ticket admission for X-Men III
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see that! Unfortunately my exams fall right into the time it comes out next week.

May 20, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #21 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple People
Originally Posted by meat01
How many movies can you name that were better than the book?Kubrick's movies, The Godfather, Fight Club also is a pretty close call.

"Cat In The Hat"

May 20, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #22 of 67
Quote:

The ending was really good? Maybe they showed an alternate ending in Panama then they did here

Lol, No. I should have explained myself better. The ending was pretty much as the book describes it. The fact that there was all those people in the church was ridiculous. What I really liked about it is the conversation between Robert and Sophie where he tells her, ''Would the inheritor destroy the faith or renew it?''. The whole message (which I think many people will never understand) he tries to give is really beautiful.

May 20, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #25 of 67
I didn't think it bad. I agree with Eberts review.

May 20, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #26 of 67
------------ SPOILER ALERT -------------------

Actually, the book ending and the movie ending were quite different. The movie ending has Sauniere NOT being the true grandfather where the book has the opposite. The movie ending also never mentioned here brother still being alive and living with her real grandmother.

IMO, the movie wasn't bad at all. Sure, it was different from the book at some points, but no one should have expected it to be just like the book. It wasn't the blockbuster of the summer, but it wasn't bad.

Someone else stated Hanks was pretty boring, and his lines were lame and I agree 100%. He should have been casted as a smarter, more outgoing, hero type, but I guess that was probably out of his control. I think Teabing saved the movie. Ian did a great job as I expected and didn't find any flaws with his character.

All in all, I still liked it and didn't mind paying 7.50 to see it. A lot of the book's dialogue is missing and the first half of the movie is very rushed through, but all in all, I still liked it.

May 20, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #27 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Dan Brown is a terrible writer.

What did you expect from the movie that hadn't already disappointed you in the book?

-Matt

Well I wouldn't say hes a terrible writer....He's not my favourite, and IMO doesn't deserve the fame he gets. Does anyone else think that his books all end the same? I mean, come on, the guy doesn't always get the girl
rolleyes.gif

May 20, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #29 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2426
Well I wouldn't say hes a terrible writer....He's not my favourite, and IMO doesn't deserve the fame he gets. Does anyone else think that his books all end the same? I mean, come on, the guy doesn't always get the girl
rolleyes.gif

Very much so. Main character and the love interest hook up at the end of his books. Villian is also always obvious b/c Brown makes an extra effort to convince you that he is trustworthy.

May 21, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #30 of 67
Audrey Tautou was really sweet. Great smile and skirt. She was the best thing about the movie.

I liked the book but the movie was very average overall. The lines in the end were quite bad and Gandalf wasn't as good as I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back