D4 Mamba used as Amp only + soundcard (Asus xonar DG)
Jul 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jmarsiglio

Head-Fier
Hey, 

I am trying to figure out how to get the Mamba to be plugged into my computer via USB and only act as an amp for my soundcard. A 3.5mm to 3.5mm male-male cable connects the soundcard line out to the D4 line-in, and the headphones are connected to the Headphone input. However it is not working, there is a high frequency sound created and when I remove the 3.5mm plug, it stops and reverts to normal, working as a DAC/AMP. When I connect just the headphone to the soundcard it works perfectly.

Thanks

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 5
Hey, 

I am trying to figure out how to get the Mamba to be plugged into my computer via USB and only act as an amp for my soundcard. A 3.5mm to 3.5mm male-male cable connects the soundcard line out to the D4 line-in, and the headphones are connected to the Headphone input. However it is not working, there is a high frequency sound created and when I remove the 3.5mm plug, it stops and reverts to normal, working as a DAC/AMP. When I connect just the headphone to the soundcard it works perfectly.

Thanks
How d

How does it sound on battery power with your sound card line out connected to the D4 aux in/out?

If ok, likely your only option for powering via usb is to use an external usb power adapter.

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 5
Oh, well I misunderstood then. I didn't realize the USB was for power. Yeah try a powered USB port in the wall (many smartphone chargers use them) and if there's still interference I'd say the electricity input is the interference and you'll have to just go without it. Though that doesn't seem like a normal issue...

Jul 19, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 5
Some of the D4's could power from a computer USB without music playing on the computer while others could not, but for streaming music from the computer soundcard to the D4, it is pretty much an either-or situation....use USB for the music input + power, or use the D4 Aux In/Out from the soundcard line-out with the D4 using its internal battery for power.

Jul 20, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #5 of 5
Awesome thanks, if I see one I'll pick one up though honestly I regret buying the soundcard for dolby headphone 7.1, I much prefer my music sounding better and not concentrating on the game so much ^.^

Thanks you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back