D2000 uneven earcup gap...
Aug 1, 2008 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

coolchu001

100+ Head-Fier
I got my D2000 a few days ago and yesterday I noticed that the front of my L cup had a huge gap (around 4mm or so) I took the cup apart and found that the front plastic screw thread post had snapped off (probably the assembler screwed in too much??) Anyways I got that fixed using some super glue and I also reinforced the other thread posts by dabbing super glue on the sides.

Anyways, the question is, are the gaps on the earcups suppose to be uneven?? Both of my cups are like this....
The bottom of the cups are more flush to the frame around 1mm apart whereas the top of the earcups are around 2mm. See pics and tell me if your D2000 are the same...

dsc02016gc9.jpg

dsc02015ns6.jpg

dsc02014mi0.jpg

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 8
Nope they should be almost flush. Looks to me you got some of the bad screws that hold the cup to the driver assembly. I replaced ALL the screws that are in these cans. I just sold them but I say to all owners of these-Replace the stock screws all of them. Cups/Drivers ect!!! They are the worst screws made. 8 screws for the drivers and 8 for the cups shouldn't run you more then $5. An easy cheap fix..

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokenganjaclan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope they should be almost flush. Looks to me you got some of the bad screws that hold the cup to the driver assembly. I replaced ALL the screws that are in these cans. I just sold them but I say to all owners of these-Replace the stock screws all of them. Cups/Drivers ect!!! They are the worst screws made. 8 screws for the drivers and 8 for the cups shouldn't run you more then $5. An easy cheap fix..

What are the sizes for the screws? if you don't know them i can just bring one of each in a store to buy them...

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolchu001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the sizes for the screws? if you don't know them i can just bring one of each in a store to buy them...

Shoot I don't know the size. I just took a few with me to ACE hardware.
I found the exact same size for the cups, but in stainless steel. The driver screws I got the next size up. In stainless as well. They make the drivers more snug and since the drivers are that plastic the bigger screws went in perfect for a super tight fit. I also made sure they were a tad longer then the stock ones.
The ones for the cups tho have to be the same length, I'm not sure how much extra room are in the cup screws? So keep them the same length to be safe.

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 8
I figured out the problem was the inside lip of the earcups. They sit on top of the plastic driver housing and it does not sit leveled. I sanded down the upper and middle lip and sanded down the screws just a bit and now I just reassembled them...all EVEN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back