d2000 question**amazon alert**...218.26...free ship!
Jul 19, 2009 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Drumonron

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey fellow head-fiers. Wonderin' if 218.00 is a good price for a denon d2000s headphone? Also, who thinks it is worth getting or would I be better served saving for the d5000 or the d7000s?

Thanks,

DrumonRon

Jul 19, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 37
$218 is an excellent price for this headphone new from an authorized seller. I would act fast if I were you. These Amazon deep discounts usually don't last for long.

Jul 19, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #5 of 37
Thanks priest...that's what I was looking for....order placed at amazon...free shipping 218.26....wooot....thanks....nice bassy closed alternative to my stable...thanks dude!

I'll go now and read the extremely long and detailed denon 2000, 5000,7000 thread now....but I got a new set of headphones coming....yeah baby!

Jul 19, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #6 of 37
Got mine gently used from the For Sale forums for $185 Paypal & Shipped.

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice price resonant rebel...what do you think of them? worth the 218.00 from Amazon....I know you can't beat the FS forum on head-fi though?

If the D2000 were any good they wouldn't be showing up so much on the FS forum.
evil_smiley.gif
(I kid, I kid)

$218 from Amazon as an authorized Denon dealer is a very good deal.

6 months ago they were going for a little under $210 from unauthorized dealers like buy.com when they were in stock. And a little under $300 from authorized dealers like Amazon. I got mine as an open box from Amazon about 6 months ago and it was still more than $218.

Amazon sometimes plays pricing games. It's hard to know how long they'll stay at $218.

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #9 of 37
They've been sitting in the low $200s on Amazon for a while now. I've been sort of keeping an eye on them, heh. I would be a bit surprised if they suddenly sprung up more than a few dollars.

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #11 of 37
I'm considering picking these up too...just haven't decided if I want to spend that much yet. My first pair of true headphones is my current JVC's...and they sound great out of my Auzen Forte sound card, I would like to get something nicer tho, with improvements in about everything. I just dunno if these would be decent for gaming or not, I know they'll do fine on the music dept for my needs.

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #12 of 37
I ordered one... just sold off my ESW9's.

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks priest...that's what I was looking for....order placed at amazon...free shipping 218.26....wooot....thanks....nice bassy closed alternative to my stable...thanks dude!

No prob. I can't imagine the person who would be upset after having purchased these for $218. My sister just bought a pair too at my recommendation. She is thrilled. I of course am mad because I paid $300.

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They've been sitting in the low $200s on Amazon for a while now. I've been sort of keeping an eye on them, heh. I would be a bit surprised if they suddenly sprung up more than a few dollars.

True, they have been at that price point for a couple weeks, but I'm not sure you're right about your other point. One day, the price may just return to normal without any real warning. I remember hesitating on the ATH-AD700 for $80. And then one day, within 24 hours, they were back above $100. I put it off, and missed it. The price has never gone back down to that level (although it's around $90 right now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed). The $340 deal on the AD-5000 lasted about a day.

These deals appear to be less pricing trends than short term pricing anomalies to clear stock or something. If I wanted the AD-2000, I would take this and be very happy. PM jsaliga if you want confirmation of this Amazon phenomenon -- short term dramatic price drops followed by rapid returns to normal levels. Of course, I can't promise you they won't be at that price for months, but I wouldn't count on it.

Jul 19, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm considering picking these up too...just haven't decided if I want to spend that much yet. My first pair of true headphones is my current JVC's...and they sound great out of my Auzen Forte sound card, I would like to get something nicer tho, with improvements in about everything. I just dunno if these would be decent for gaming or not, I know they'll do fine on the music dept for my needs.

I'm not a gamer so I can't say based on experience. The D2000 does do very well with ambiance and positional sounds. It does a very good job of giving you clues about the size of the recording room or recording hall (better than my HD 600 in that regard). Positional cues seem to be very good. Seems those would be good features for a gaming headphone.

I have made some critical comments about the sound character of the D2000 for some kinds of music. You can search past posts from me that mention the D2000. Overall they are a very good headphone. They've been getting equal headtime with my HD 600. I switch between the two based on whim, what I feel like listening too, and what is currently plugged in the amp. So I have been happy with the D2000 even with my critical comments about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back