D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014
Jun 23, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #181 of 324
I am thinking it will be a Viva CD player another 10K unit. He showed in Newport and he is coming personally form what i understand. Exciting stuff Dean. you my friend will be floored as I was . Are you setting anything up on Saturday? Did Vinnie give you something to show? I should call him and see whats up.I know he has a room.

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #183 of 324
Still looking good for me. Will have LCD-2.2 and HD558 along with the amps.
Thinking about bringing my WA3-Mod and KSA5 clone. Looks like fun! :)

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #184 of 324
Excellent-It is going to be a super weekend there. Glad you hanging. I still have more  room for more of the Washington DC Headfi crown and am looking forward to seeing everyone. Warren and I re excited and Michael Mercer will be hanging with us for the weekend. The vendor list is exploding and we have some terrific vendors supporting this show plus some great rooms of high-end two channel stuff.Exciting show indeed. 

CALLING ALL DC HEADFI MEMBERS JUMP IN AND ON BOARD .

Jun 25, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #185 of 324
I'm a DC-based Head Fi noobie and just want to say thanks so much to the organizers for all their time spent on this. Look forward to meeting some fine folks in a few short weeks at the big event.

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #186 of 324
7 Cities Head-Fier here! I have family in NoVA so I hope to be there! I have a lot of budget-fi, some mid-fi, and some DIY gear to bring in my messenger bag. Also gonna bring my camera to take photos 
gs1000.gif

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #187 of 324
I'm a DC-based Head Fi noobie and just want to say thanks so much to the organizers for all their time spent on this. Look forward to meeting some fine folks in a few short weeks at the big event.

Glad your coming and look forward to meeting you

7 Cities Head-Fier here! I have family in NoVA so I hope to be there! I have a lot of budget-fi, some mid-fi, and some DIY gear to bring in my messenger bag. Also gonna bring my camera to take photos 
gs1000.gif

Please let Warren know what your bringing so we can list it and make sure you table is setup

Jun 26, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #188 of 324
 Please let Warren know what your bringing so we can list it and make sure you table is setup

I have a set of heavily worn V-Moda LP2's. Shure SE215LE with modded cables, Sennheiser HD490's from the 90's, Hippo Biscuit DAP, FIIO E6, and $30 mod cable Koss IEM's. A lot of converters, too! My gear is reather unremarkable though, I don't think I'd be worth a table compared to guys like A&K and Audeze

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #189 of 324
SO sorry I've been MIA here!!

I'm SO psyched to work w @warrenpchii and @Frank I on CanMania at CAF!!

Last year they said it was the last for CAF,
so this was a pleasant surprise!!

Pumped to come out and see all of you,
and I get to see my fam while I'm there.

Pretty damn cool!!

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #191 of 324
  Personally, I'd love to find some head fi'ers close to me who'd be willing to possibly Car Pool and maybe share a room [spiltting the costs ofc] 

Mshenay, have you talked to Bowei yet?  He's looking someone to split a room.

Warren and I closed one bal room out for vendors and are working on another ballroom for our show. The support of the vendors is amazing. This will be a terrific meet  for our members to really enjoy a terrific show. warren gonna update the front page shortlly.

We've now done more than that.  It seems we might have to move to a larger set of ballrooms altogether. 
eek.gif

Oh just noticed this. Perhaps ill stop by:)

Yes, please do! 
smile.gif

Headphone related content: I've sold my K702, and Momentum on ear, so subtract those from my bringing-gear list. Might have something new to replace those.

Roger roger. 
L3000.gif

The show was held there last year and was incident free.

That's great--it sounds like you have things well-covered. I'm very excited about attending for my first time. Just have to make sure the kids and girlfriend know I'll be busy all weekend.
beerchug.gif

And just one last word on this... to anyone thinking of stealing a fellow Head-Fier's stuff... IF I CATCH YOU, IMA **** YOU UP!

Being added to our banner is Profundo,Oppo and Hifiman plus Avatar.

I'll be modifying the graphic later on tonight (yeah, because that's how meet/show organizers spend their Saturday nights) to include those, as well as Clear Tune Monitors! 
smile.gif

For those that don't know, Clear Tune Monitors (CTM) is a CIEM manufacturer out of FL.  They've been pretty quiet and below the radar around these parts, while they quietly provide stage monitors to a bunch of cool acts... including my current favorite acapella group, Pentatonix.

Warren and I are excited and Michael Mercer will be hanging with us for the weekend. The vendor list is exploding and we have some terrific vendors supporting this show plus some great rooms of high-end two channel stuff.Exciting show indeed. 

CALLING ALL DC HEADFI MEMBERS JUMP IN AND ON BOARD .

Before I forget, I just wanted to thank Frank for all the work he's been putting in on this!  Thanks Frank, you rock! 
beerchug.gif

Totally welcome, we're glad to have ya! 
smile.gif
  And for the record, we were all noobs once (some of us still are).  It's a pre-requisite. 
biggrin.gif

Also gonna bring my camera to take photos 
gs1000.gif

Yes please! 
smile.gif

I have a set of heavily worn V-Moda LP2's. Shure SE215LE with modded cables, Sennheiser HD490's from the 90's, Hippo Biscuit DAP, FIIO E6, and $30 mod cable Koss IEM's. A lot of converters, too!

Got it! 
redface.gif

SO sorry I've been MIA here!!

I'm SO psyched to work w @warrenpchii and @Frank I on CanMania at CAF!!

Yo bro, it's gonna rock!

I'm here in the area for a summer internship! Only a few metro stops away, so I'll definetely be there. I may bring my LCD-2 revision down there for trade.

Awesome serendipity there! 
smile_phones.gif
  Is there anything specific you'd like to trade the LCD-2 for?  I can put you on the Buy/Sell/Trade list.

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #192 of 324
The show has exploded and we are waiting for more DC Headfiers to join us-<man this is a show and meet you dont want to miss. Student prices for the show reduced tickets prices to 20.00 for students and . Panels for getting the best fromm industry insiders and Meet the Editor Panels. Dont miss out on this show. I can still fit a few more in the room and need be open up ione more ballriom

Jun 28, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #193 of 324
Jun 29, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #195 of 324
  Warren graphics hare really explosive and could not have done this without my buddy and show partner. Thanks Buddy and cant wait to see everyone again  for this event. This is a Rock Spectacle NOW!!!!!

Thanks Frank! 
smile.gif
  Also, to anyone that wants to help drum up interest, I do have an idea.  We can change our avatars, and put a link to the meet thread in our sigs.  As unbelievable as it sounds, this does actually help.

For anyone that would like to do that, here's a nice colorful avatar we can use.  I'm currently sporting the SF Meet avatar because I'm co-organizing that meet as well, but I'll be switching over to the CanMania avatar as soon as the SF meet is done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back