D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014
Jun 13, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #166 of 324
I've got a date. Would you agree to be out of the room at certain times?

^Bill, you sly dog, you 
beerchug.gif

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #167 of 324
  Thats is super guys. recruit some more to come Bowei

Been trying, man

Thanks!  It's gonna be super fun!  I can already sense it. 
smile.gif
  Been doing enough meets and shows that I'm starting to get a sixth sense about these things.

BTW, did you guys know that the DC/VA/MD group is now the 4th most popular group on Head-Fi?  We've surged ahead of the AAMML (anime) group to take the spot.  There's no way gonna beat the Bay Area and SoCal groups (go Cali!), but Ohio Head-Fiers should check their six. 
biggrin.gif

I totally would bro, but I already got a room. 
redface.gif

Yeah, I know Warren 
rolleyes.gif

I've got a date. Would you agree to be out of the room at certain times?

With Desitny?

lol

Jun 13, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #168 of 324
Jun 13, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #169 of 324
Destiny is only her stage name. At home she's just old shoe Maude.

Headphone related content: I've sold my K702, and Momentum on ear, so subtract those from my bringing-gear list. Might have something new to replace those.

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #174 of 324
I used to work in the building next door to the hotel and would advise everyone to be careful with their equipment. There are professional thieves that work the neighborhood always looking for opportunities. You're not likely to be mugged or have someone grab and run--the thieves are usually well-dressed and professional looking to blend in and are very stealthy. Keep an eye on your equipment and bags/valuables or have a buddy watch them. All it takes to prevent these thefts are simple precautions--these thieves specialize in unattended valuables and aren't looking for a confrontation.  The show is short and may fly under the radar, but I'd hate to see any head-fiers or vendors get hit.

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #176 of 324
    This is a three day show with security and no incidents last year and wont be this  is a major regional show with security and all rooms are locked in the hotel.

That's good. I haven't been to the show before--is this the first time it's in Silver Spring? I only posted because I have a lot of experience with the neighborhood and my understanding is that this is the first show with a local meet--meaning equipment is more likely to be unattended and more likely to be brought into, and removed from the venue during the show. For instance, a guard seeing someone leaving a room with a headphone or other equipment may not know if it belongs to the person leaving with it. Maybe you have a system in place to prevent this? I've managed security for some very large DC events and have dealt with these issues. The simple fix is to keep an eye on your valuables or make sure someone else is doing so.

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #177 of 324
The show was held there last year and was incident free.  The fourth floor has three ballrooms and two of those will have full displays as any other room and they are  all locked up at night and security is tight and hard to carry stuff out  the hotel with a sold out show. The rooms are all sold out. It is like anyevent you always keep you eyes on your stuff and b e vigilant.. The hotel security is well geared for this show. The meet I and my team will be in that room all day and I have  enough staffing that people can be assured it will be watched. The team we have including Warren Chi had 250 members in LA without incident. I appreciate your input and we have addressed the security issues and feel the venue and our meet will be safe.  I am confident this will be a safe and very successful show. 

Jun 23, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #178 of 324
  The show was held there last year and was incident free.  The fourth floor has three ballrooms and two of those will have fully displays as any other room and they are  all locke dup at night and security is tight and hard to carry stuff out  the hotel with a sold out show. The rooms are all sold out. It is like anyevent you always keep you eyes on your stuff and b e vigilant.. The hotel security is well geared for this show. The meet I and my team will be in that room all day and I have  enough staffing that people can be assured it will be watched. The team we have including Warren Chi had 250 members in LA without incident. I appreciate your input and we have addressed the security issues and feel the venue and our meet will be safe.  Ii am confident this will be a safe and very successful show.

That's great--it sounds like you have things well-covered. I'm very excited about attending for my first time. Just have to make sure the kids and girlfriend know I'll be busy all weekend.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back