D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014
Jul 10, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #211 of 324
  really hoping to try out a sennheiser HD-700.

If you live near Sterling VA.  The Magnolia section of the Best Buy nearby has a demo pair to try out.  I didn't think they sounded that great but I was using them straight out of my cell phone.

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #212 of 324
Only two weeks away...
biggrin.gif

I will be flying into Dulles Thursday night the 24th.  Anyone coming in then that might want to share a ride (Cab, Limo, shuttle)?  I decided not to get a rental car this time.

I will be leaving Monday morning the 28th.

See you guys soon.

Jul 13, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #213 of 324
starting to look forward to CanMania at Capital Audio Fest!!
We MAY have nailed down CEntrance to join the show!

Michael Goodman at CEntrance is gonna decide by tomorrow morning.
That would be GREAT!

As you guys have to hear the up-coming (available in 2 months) Glove Audio A1 (new line under CEntrance) DAC/Amp for AstellnKern AK120 & 100 DAPS!!!!

I've been using the AK240 alot - as I have a full review to do on it - and published an Impressions piece at Positive Feedback last week...

Well - there are actually things about the Glove Audio A1 (using my original AK120 as storage) sonically that I prefer OVER the AK240!!
It's just breaking in - but already it's got that @mgoodman magic! The bass response is more controlled,so it sounds more natural. The detail retrieval is unbelievable!

AND - it's got a ton of power - dynamically and gain-wise!

I may end up choosing this ($599) as oppose to having to sell one of my reference amps to buy an AK240!!

The Glove Audio A1 has been blowing my mind!
It also offers 3.5mm standard stereo output, RSA balanced output, and 2.5mm 4-pole balanced output!

I've been using it w/ my Audeze LCD-2 w/ Fazor, and LCD-XC, as well as my JH Audio Roxannes!

It could be one of Goodman's greatest sonic achievements!

Jul 15, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #214 of 324
I just got my first pair of Hi-Fi headphones (HE-400) and an amp (Schiit Asgard 2) this last week.  I don't think anyone needs me to bring them, although I will if it recommended.  I'm interested in hearing other similar headphones - particularly the higher end version of my cans as well as the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog (as I'm worried about the bleed effect of my current pair).  Please advise!

Jul 15, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #215 of 324
  I just got my first pair of Hi-Fi headphones (HE-400) and an amp (Schiit Asgard 2) this last week.  I don't think anyone needs me to bring them, although I will if it recommended.  I'm interested in hearing other similar headphones - particularly the higher end version of my cans as well as the Mad Dog and Alpha Dog (as I'm worried about the bleed effect of my current pair).  Please advise!

you should bring your gear so people can hear that new Asgard amp

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #216 of 324
At this point it's unlikely I'll have a Ragnarok amp by the time of the meet, so I won't be needing a 1/2 table. I'll bring my LCD-X's, but they'll also be available to audition at a number of vendors.I'm still looking forward to attending the meet on Friday and Saturday.

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #218 of 324

I'll be bringing two pairs of closed headphones, Fostex TH-900 & Shure SRH1540. The 900s are a much higher end headphone but the 1540s directly compete with the Alpha Dogs. You are more than welcome to try either of them out at the event.

Jul 16, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #220 of 324
"I'll be bringing two pairs of closed headphones, Fostex TH-900 & Shure SRH1540. The 900s are a much higher end headphone but the 1540s directly compete with the Alpha Dogs. You are more than welcome to try either of them out at the event."

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it!

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #222 of 324
Anyone with an MHA100 coming? Would love to hear one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back