D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014
Apr 16, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #76 of 324
[/quote]
Uh-oh... many of the people I know who audition BHSE and Stax end up buying the rig.  In fact, um, Bear?  :p
[/quote]
Yep, that's the risk you take by auditioning the good stuff, adding to the addiction, I am now on the long wait for audio bliss. That's one of the reasons I am going to so many shows and meets...to keep myself busy while waiting.

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #77 of 324
Warren, if you wouldn't mind updating my entry on the 2nd post table to:

Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC MKI (modded) // DIY SET ECC99/5751 // DIY SET 2A3/6SJ7 (Western Electric 91A inspired) // HE-500 (jergpads 2.5 / headband strap  / fuzzor modded)
iBasso DX50 (Rockbox & Mango FW) // Sandisk Clip+ (Rockbox) // HiFiMan RE-400 (modded) // TDK BA200 // InEar StageDiver 3

Quote:
I guess they are standard. Any SE-series iem tips work and Westone tips fit them well too. I would imagine that Ety tips would fit them. I will bring one or two extra pairs of tips I don't use just in case.

I've got some extra Westone TrueFit Star/Foam tips, Shure Olives and some others that fit narrow nozzles in a variety of sizes that I'll bring along too.

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #78 of 324

ottotron, I keep missing this every time Jude brings it to SoCal.  I'll have to take you up on that.  Does the SE846 have a "standard" sized shaft?  Or is it all narrow like Etys?

I guess they are standard. Any SE-series iem tips work and Westone tips fit them well too. I would imagine that Ety tips would fit them. I will bring one or two extra pairs of tips I don't use just in case.

Lol, duh, I guess I could just bring a variety of tips to ensure suceess. 
biggrin.gif

Uh-oh... many of the people I know who audition BHSE and Stax end up buying the rig.  In fact, um, Bear? 
tongue.gif

Yep, that's the risk you take by auditioning the good stuff, adding to the addiction, I am now on the long wait for audio bliss. That's one of the reasons I am going to so many shows and meets...to keep myself busy while waiting.

But that's dangerous too!  Because then you start thinking "okay, got my endgame stat rig on the way... let's see if I can build a kick-ass dynamic rig in the meantime."

My endgame home rig - which is not even remotely in my budget right now - is an SR-007 Mk I with a KGSSHV (DAC TBD).  I've been told that a BHSE would be even better, but as I'm not remotely in a position to buy ATM, I've been avoiding adding another first-world problem to my worries.

Warren, if you wouldn't mind updating my entry on the 2nd post table to:

Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC MKI (modded) // DIY SET ECC99/5751 // DIY SET 2A3/6SJ7 (Western Electric 91A inspired) // HE-500 (jergpads 2.5 / headband strap  / fuzzor modded)
iBasso DX50 (Rockbox & Mango FW) // Sandisk Clip+ (Rockbox) // HiFiMan RE-400 (modded) // TDK BA200 // InEar StageDiver 3

Done.  Also made it a full table. 
smile.gif

I've got some extra Westone TrueFit Star/Foam tips, Shure Olives and some others that fit narrow nozzles in a variety of sizes that I'll bring along too.

Cool, thanks! 
smile.gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #79 of 324

But that's dangerous too!  Because then you start thinking "okay, got my endgame stat rig on the way... let's see if I can build a kick-ass dynamic rig in the meantime."

My endgame home rig - which is not even remotely in my budget right now - is an SR-007 Mk I with a KGSSHV (DAC TBD).  I've been told that a BHSE would be even better, but as I'm not remotely in a position to buy ATM, I've been avoiding adding another first-world problem to my worries.

Yeah, I know, that's how the HD800 and taboo made it home, I also started on the portable rig, Roxanne and AK120, etc.  
The home rig DAC and source are next...
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #80 of 324

Yeah, I know, that's how the HD800 and taboo made it home, I also started on the portable rig, Roxanne and AK120, etc.  
The home rig DAC and source are next...
biggrin.gif

Lol, INCORRIGIBLE! 
biggrin.gif
  I'm getting an itch to explore as well.  Combined with boredom, that can get deadly.  The Mytek might have to go so I can try something else.

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #81 of 324
Hi guys,

I'm also awaiting my BHSE.  If Justin comes there will be no need for me to bring it (if I have it by then).  

I'll try to bring the F1J and the AMR DP-777, however, I'll need some table space, I can't stack them as the F1J gets way to hot.

My C.A.P.S consist of a two box system with keyboard, mouse and a 27in. TV as the monitor - will this be an issue?

I have a pair of SR 007 mk1 that I haven't heard yet.  If my BHSE is not ready - I would love to hear what I got 
biggrin.gif

I can also bring my Hardwired HD800 and the Hardwired HE-6.  Those three headphones are all I have ATM..

--Darryl--

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #82 of 324
  Hi guys,

I'm also awaiting my BHSE.  If Justin comes there will be no need for me to bring it (if I have it by then).  

I'll try to bring the F1J and the AMR DP-777, however, I'll need some table space, I can't stack them as the F1J gets way to hot.

My C.A.P.S consist of a two box system with keyboard, mouse and a 27in. TV as the monitor - will this be an issue?

I have a pair of SR 007 mk1 that I haven't heard yet.  If my BHSE is not ready - I would love to hear what I got 
biggrin.gif

I can also bring my Hardwired HD800 and the Hardwired HE-6.  Those three headphones are all I have ATM..

--Darryl--

Justin will be there

Apr 20, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #83 of 324
Darryl, how much space do you want?  We've got plenty so it's not a problem.  Will 2 tables do? 
smile.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #85 of 324
Cool, added! 
smile.gif

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #86 of 324
I'll be attending.

Looks like there are plenty of people bringing a DX50, however I will bring mine anyways.  Currently with 1.2.8. 

Nothing fancy but I'll bring along my DT770 Pro 250s, and my Grado SR60i's. 

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #90 of 324
While I'm flattered you gave me partial table space, I don't think I'll be needing it.  I'm just going to bring probably one pair of headphones and portable source, so someone else can much better utilize the space :p  I would likely be walking around with my stuff anyway since I was hoping to try my 595s with some nicer equipment than the base level Schiit stack I already have.

So thanks, but please leave that space open for someone else that will bring some other amazing gear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back