D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014
Oct 30, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #16 of 324
  The announcement of this event leads me to ask a question: is this event replacing any other headphone shows next year, or will it be in addition? i.e., Will the Headphonium at the THE Show Newport Beach and Headmasters at the CA Audio Show also run next year?

I don't really see myself attending this event due to various reasons but won't write it off yet either, maybe a small chance that I'd make it out.

Warren and I are organizing this show in DC this year. I left Dagogo so I do not see myself being involved with the West Coast show next year.  I was asked to do this show last year but was  asked prior with the San Francisco show.  I  am sure the CAS5 will have their event but I am working on the Capitol Audiofest this year with Warren Chi. We hope you will attend the show. This show will have some really nice events planned all the way through the entire show and if you read Stereophile report on this show it was outstanding last year and we are encouraged by the opportunity to get the East Coast Headfi Members  a super opportunity to see and hear some really great stuff in addition to the  CanMania event which we promise will be a terrific event,,

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #17 of 324
  The announcement of this event leads me to ask a question: is this event replacing any other headphone shows next year, or will it be in addition? i.e., Will the Headphonium at the THE Show Newport Beach and Headmasters at the CA Audio Show also run next year?

I don't really see myself attending this event due to various reasons but won't write it off yet either, maybe a small chance that I'd make it out.

Hi Asr!  As a co-organizer for both The Headphonium @ T.H.E. Show Newport as well as CanMania @ Capital Audiofest, I can say that both of those shows are definitely ON!  So the answer to that question would be, this is an additional show for the community.  Yay! 
smile.gif

As for Headmasters @ The California Audio Show (CAS), I have no affiliation with that show, nor any information on what they will be doing.  Frank I organized the Headmasters event last year, but I don't believe he has been slated to do it this year, so honestly I've got no idea there.  Sorry. 
redface.gif

Despite the fact that it is in my proverbial backyard, I might not even be able to attend CAS this year due to my personal and professional schedules requiring me to be elsewhere.  I'll try of course, but no promises.  I will - of course - be at both The Headphonium and CanMania, as well as any and all L.A. Head-Fi meets and mini-meets (TBA).

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #21 of 324
  Like Prep said we would love to hear it all. 

Speaking of hearing it all, I should mention a couple other things. 

One of the other head-fi members here works at one of the vendors that will be showing up. IDK what he will bring, but another member and myself might be trying to host his gear as well as our own. 

Between the three of us, we will be bringing in a lot of custom designed tube amps. I will have a 350b single ended triode amplifier, and a jolida dac. I will let my friend speak for himself, but spriggs will probably have me show off a few other of his designs. 

If we can get it done in time, I will also be bringing in some type of tube electrostatic amplifier as well. We are still debating the design, but it will probably be a copy of the amp that comes with the HE90 or something better. 

As for headphones, I will have the stax lambda nova classics and the HD600 and I can almost guarantee that a pair of HE-500s will spring up from one of my two friends. 

Dec 26, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #23 of 324

Speaking of hearing it all, I should mention a couple other things. 

One of the other head-fi members here works at one of the vendors that will be showing up. IDK what he will bring, but another member and myself might be trying to host his gear as well as our own. 

Between the three of us, we will be bringing in a lot of custom designed tube amps. I will have a 350b single ended triode amplifier, and a jolida dac. I will let my friend speak for himself, but spriggs will probably have me show off a few other of his designs. 

If we can get it done in time, I will also be bringing in some type of tube electrostatic amplifier as well. We are still debating the design, but it will probably be a copy of the amp that comes with the HE90 or something better. 

As for headphones, I will have the stax lambda nova classics and the HD600 and I can almost guarantee that a pair of HE-500s will spring up from one of my two friends. 

Count me in!  Did you end up getting a Stax after all?

I'll bring my HE-500, the 45 SET design we're working on and another Glass FX DAC.

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #24 of 324
  Count me in!  Did you end up getting a Stax after all?

I'll bring my HE-500, the 45 SET design we're working on and another Glass FX DAC.

Yeah. Right now the headphones are in san fransisco, and they are trying to make their way towards me. 

Your amp is a SET amp? I would have figured it to be a PP amp. 

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #25 of 324

Yeah. Right now the headphones are in san fransisco, and they are trying to make their way towards me. 

Your amp is a SET amp? I would have figured it to be a PP amp. 

Honestly I don't know what Dillon has up his sleeve but I was under the impression it was a SET design...PP would be ideal though haha.  I've not even seen the diagram 
tongue.gif
 we're working on times to meet up as either he or I am busy whenever we try to make plans.

Can't wait to check out the Lambda Novas!

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #26 of 324
  Honestly I don't know what Dillon has up his sleeve but I was under the impression it was a SET design...PP would be ideal though haha.  I've not even seen the diagram 
tongue.gif
 we're working on times to meet up as either he or I am busy whenever we try to make plans.

Can't wait to check out the Lambda Novas!

No SET would indeed be ideal. A push pull amp would cost a LOT of money before I sounded any good. 

I have just been confused because I had no idea why dillon would essentially make a 2A3 pp since that would have a lot more power than my 350b amp would. So it makes now that it is a SET amp. 

I will probably be meeting up with dillon on saturday or something, so maybe we could all meet up this weekend. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #27 of 324
Glad to hear there will be a room for Head-Fi'rs, I would like to bring my Singlepower for a shoot out with some of the tube amps I listened to today at the DC/MD/VA meetup. Would vendors allow such A/B-ng? I wanted to attend this Audio Fest least yr but had commitments, will try harder to be avail this yr. I'm also curious if there will be local vendors who specialize in TT parts and upgrades.

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #29 of 324
Sounds cool!

I hope im avaliable, my Local College has us students taking Summer Classes so... I'll have to see how my scheudle looks! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back