D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #122 of 204
In other news, I ordered a chromecast audio.  Really awesome little device, I was finally able to move my schiit stack away from my pc, and it has an optical output so it can go straight into the bifrost.  Now I get to listen while I relax on my couch instead of always being in my desk chair. 

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #123 of 204
  In other news, I ordered a chromecast audio.  Really awesome little device, I was finally able to move my schiit stack away from my pc, and it has an optical output so it can go straight into the bifrost.  Now I get to listen while I relax on my couch instead of always being in my desk chair. 

Excellent!  that's just $35 or something crazy like that, right?

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #125 of 204
Very important, being able to sit outside and listen to music 
cool.gif

Did you also know that Audeze is working on a Lightening/DAC for use with the EL-8? I am looking forward to this for use with my iPhone.

Oct 10, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #128 of 204

Interesting.  I wonder if equalization for the EL-8 might be part of it.  

I'd never thought that far - but seeing as the cables (both Apple and Audeze) are proprietary, why not have software equalization? It makes a lot of sense!

You'll still have to hear it playing balanced out of the Pono player 
redface.gif

And that's all I'm going to say on this topic before this thread becomes energized, like many of the other threads. Speaking of other threads, does one of us need to start one for the event next month 
tongue.gif

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #132 of 204
Just got the email from schiit asking for my bifrost. Just wanted to check and see if anyone had a bifrost box and packing material from shipment I could use before I go and purchase another with some packing materials, didn't keep my original boxes.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #133 of 204
No, and my upgraditis is very contagious. Achoo! If USPS was open today, my last box of Schiit that size would be on its way to a happy Head-Fi'er in California.

The thing that makes no sense to me, however, is when they sent me the Bifrost back, they replaced my original box with a fresh new box. So it seems that perhaps you only need to ask? They may only charge you for the cost of shipping a flat box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back