D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #137 of 204
In other news, I ordered a chromecast audio.  Really awesome little device, I was finally able to move my schiit stack away from my pc, and it has an optical output so it can go straight into the bifrost.  Now I get to listen while I relax on my couch instead of always being in my desk chair. 

This got me thinking and I looked into it. Are you planning on streaming FLAC? If so, what will you be using to make sure it does not get transcoded down?

It seems perfect for streaming Spotify, but I heard Tidal is not supported (yet?) and that's fine if I could stream my own FLAC.

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #138 of 204
This got me thinking and I looked into it. Are you planning on streaming FLAC? If so, what will you be using to make sure it does not get transcoded down?

It seems perfect for streaming Spotify, but I heard Tidal is not supported (yet?) and that's fine if I could stream my own FLAC.

Had not considered flac streaming, but I also recently purchased a chi-fi DAP, the Shanling M3, which also has an optical transport and will be perfect for hooking up to the bifrost for playing FLAC locally.

Oct 13, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #140 of 204
Oct 13, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #141 of 204
My schiit is off to California for some multibit TLC.

Happy for you - and I know you did not INTENTIONALLY cut in line ahead of me!  
wink_face.gif

Today I moved up from #2 to #1 in the queue; maybe I'll get the email tomorrow...

Oct 13, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #142 of 204

Happy for you - and I know you did not INTENTIONALLY cut in line ahead of me!  
wink_face.gif

Today I moved up from #2 to #1 in the queue; maybe I'll get the email tomorrow...

Haha, I still have no idea how that happened.  Maybe they are giving me preferential treatment for having just bought a pair of LISST?  Hopefully you get your email soon and then we won't have any DS Bifrosts to compare to all of our Multibit ones at the next meet. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 14, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #143 of 204

Haha, I still have no idea how that happened.  Maybe they are giving me preferential treatment for having just bought a pair of LISST?  Hopefully you get your email soon and then we won't have any DS Bifrosts to compare to all of our Multibit ones at the next meet. 
beerchug.gif

No email from Schiit yet; I've been #1 in the queue for 2 days now, so surely one more day... one more day...

Oct 14, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #145 of 204
I agree. It seems like an error, especially while everyone else is reporting fast turn-around. The good part though is if you can get the RMA and send it by Saturday, you still have a good chance to have it back by next weekend. My turnaround was dropped off at USPS on Saturday and delivered to my house Thursday.

Oct 15, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #146 of 204

Interesting.  I wonder if equalization for the EL-8 might be part of it.  

Here's a quote direct from Audeze in the LCD-4 thread:
 We just introduced a DAC/AMP/DSP and an ADC with a lightning connector for around $100 at RMAF.

The DSP part tells me there is some equalization or other processing
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #147 of 204

Here's a quote direct from Audeze in the LCD-4 thread:
The DSP part tells me there is some equalization or other processing
biggrin.gif

Cool!
BTW, I did get my RA in email today and have now mailed Uberfrost in.  I sent Schiit an email yesterday, but that may or may not have had anything to do with the RA I got this morning.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #148 of 204
Should have my Blackwood by tomorrow or Monday. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it back for the November meet, but I'll post my impressions of the blackwood here, especially against what I remember of the AP, which I listened to for quite a while at the last meet. I liked the AP a lot. like, a lot a lot. I will probably keep the impressions minimal, but it should be interesting, since some seem to find the Blackwood darker and some seem to find it brighter.

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #149 of 204
Not to 
deadhorse.gif
 but 
eek.gif
 you are right @Psalmanazar with regards to the NOT SMALL difference between my first generation HD650 and the newer silver driver generation of HD650. I'm about to do a pad replacement experiment - pads sent to me from a gentleman I'd met at the Nashville meet. I opted to buy a cheap pair of HD650 off eBay (lest the replacement go poorly) and sell them to a friend (if the replacement goes well) who really wants a pair of HD650. But the difference between my temporary newer pair and my original pair is not at all subtle. It's like Sennheiser actually makes an HD600, HD625, and HD650 headphone. Quite dramatic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back