Cyrus SoundKey portable DAC
Apr 8, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #181 of 185
With iPhone it's a pain with CCK needed, even with Lightning to Micro USB cables I've found problems
Cyrus could be onto a winner, but a Lightning to micro USB cable would be the killer app with all the iPones with out jack
What was wrong with this lightning-micro usb?
Did not work at all?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #183 of 185
I'm guessing the introduction of USB-C to the iPhone (finally), will resolve this issue once and for all. I presume there are plenty of iPad users who have already benefited from USB-C DACs in the past few years, since Apple made the switch.

Sep 28, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #184 of 185
One more thing… Is today Soundkey the same Soundkey they introduced in 2016? No changes? No firmware updates?

I'd like to know this too.

Been thinking about trying it for a while but honestly it's been out for so long I think something like the Creative X-Fi stick is better.

Sep 28, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #185 of 185
I think I may have had that one in the past, but the connection became loose very quickly. I remember getting an email from Cyrus mentioning the new cable but it's not on their site. If you Google it, you can find the page, but no info on how to buy. Guess I could contact them directly. Admittedly I mainly use it with my laptop these days. I picked up a tiny USB-C DAC dongle by Hidizs which is even better for portability, but I'd like to have the full kit as it were.
FYI - I did contact Cyrus support and they sent me the USB-C to Micro-USB cable FOC.

I don't think it's been updated at all (I know there is a gaming-specific one), but I can't see what else would need doing.
If there are potential updates, I guess they'd release a totally new version with a different chip maybe.

The only issue with mine is that I sometimes get a digital/robotic glitch for about 1 second when I first plug it in, but this only happens with Foobar2000 desktop application. It can be very annoying if the volume is up loud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back