Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Oct 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #751 of 1,793
I simply cannot believe that the kobiconn is gaining momentum, a plastic and tin connector that doesn't rotate and gets in the way? seriously this is the new high end headphone standard? its my worst fears

lemo people, lemo!!

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #752 of 1,793

Quote:
I simply cannot believe that the kobiconn is gaining momentum, a plastic and tin connector that doesn't rotate and gets in the way? seriously this is the new high end headphone standard? its my worst fears

lemo people, lemo!!

LOL

is THAT bad?

you like better what connector?

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #753 of 1,793
lemo 0S series, i'd post some pics, but i might get into trouble.

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #754 of 1,793

Quote:
i'll rather wait for mk3...

damn... ALO is releasing amps like there is no tomorrow...

Seems like ALO is going all out in trying to be the driving force in mobile amps on  Head-Fi.

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #755 of 1,793

Quote:
I suspect it is the Silver Dragon coaxial cable and the Black Dragon DB2 to SR71B cable making the sound thin. Not only bass response weakened, I heard more sibilance with the DB2 and the added cables. I will try to burn in the cables further and see how it goes. Next week I will bring my XLO (not ALO) coaxial cable and Squeezebox Touch to office and see how it goes without the CLAS and Silver Dragon. I am stuck with the Black Dragon balanced cable though. To cable/burn in skeptics:  go somewhere else.

Googleli, have you considered the possibility that the DB2 might be muddying the water? Could it be that the DB2 is not in the same league as the CLAS & SR71B?

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #756 of 1,793
Might be due to the fact that the SR71B is the leading balanced portable amp right now, and many people have their portable cables already terminated in Kobiconn Iris. So, by making their own amp with Kobiconn, there's more potential for customers to get the ALO, instead of being held back due to the burden of reterminating their cables/ICs. :| That's how I see it.

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #757 of 1,793

Quote:
Might be due to the fact that the SR71B is the leading balanced portable amp right now, and many people have their portable cables already terminated in Kobiconn Iris. So, by making their own amp with Kobiconn, there's more potential for customers to get the ALO, instead of being held back due to the burden of reterminating their cables/ICs. :| That's how I see it.

hmm... very good point.

many ppl dont one to buy ANOTHER cable... easier to "only" buy the amp and use their same cables

*bow in respect*

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #758 of 1,793

Quote:
(bites tongue in order not to derail the thread again)

Has anyone tried mating the CLAS with the Continental yet? Considering the Continental is a powerful mobile tube amp I'm rather curious what that pairing would be like.

When I was at RMAF, I compared both the ClAS/Continental and CLAS/MKIII.  The later beat the former by a mile.

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #759 of 1,793

Quote:

Googleli, have you considered the possibility that the DB2 might be muddying the water? Could it be that the DB2 is not in the same league as the CLAS & SR71B? 

No, DB2 is a very nice DAC.  It is slightly better than the build in Solo Dac. 

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #760 of 1,793
hmm... very good point.

many ppl dont one to buy ANOTHER cable... easier to "only" buy the amp and use their same cables

*bow in respect*

It's more like:

Retermination...? (thinks)
1. Lifting fingers to find the guy on headfi to PM him for retermination
2. Typing out the password into paypal and sending the money...
3. Getting off ass, wasting precious calories, to go to post office...
4. Wait several weeks with dreaded stock cables and SE...
5. Get off ass again to answer the mailman and get the package.......

Naaaaaaah.

:p

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #761 of 1,793
^ Or ALO could supply a Kobiconn to LEMO adapter which you will have to get when ordering the balanced RX3 and CLAS. Better business for ALO? More products to sell.

Might be a bad idea still.

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #762 of 1,793
^ Or ALO could supply a Kobiconn to LEMO adapter which you will have to get when ordering the balanced RX3 and CLAS. Better business for ALO? More products to sell.

Might be a bad idea still.

Depends, since if you have a nice TWag v2, RS silver, or Piccolino headphone cable, it wont do you any good to have an OCC copper/TWcu adapter :| Nor is it a good idea to have an adapter of different material with a nice 75ohm wire like VH Audio Pulsar AG

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #763 of 1,793
I am confused by all these names. Which is Kobiconn? Is it the one on the SR71B? Lemo is the DB2 connector?

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #764 of 1,793

Quote:
I am confused by all these names. Which is Kobiconn? Is it the one on the SR71B? Lemo is the DB2 connector?

Alphabet soup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back