Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #707 of 1,793

Quote:
On the flip side, I have tried quite a few ipod to CLAS USB's both DIY and silver boutique and did not hear any difference at all, zilch.  

Huh?  Did somebody call me?   
blink.gif

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #708 of 1,793
I just received my silver-plated copper LOD-USB cable today.. At first i didn't believe it will make a difference since its digital transfer anyways... but I was proven wrong.. the cable seems to open up the upper frequencies.. it made it sound much airier much cleaner like how you'd expect a silver cable will sound.. :D

Now i bought this cable just for the sake of its low-profileness and durability.. I DID NOT expect it to change the sound at all. I'm the few that thought high grade expensive HDMI cables are a waste of time and money.. With this mentality I tested out my new LOD-USB cable today.. and my mindset changed. 

Yes, there's plenty of facts stating that the quality of the cable for digital transfers have very little effect. but i personally heard otherwise.. With this new "discovery", i'm considering to change to a higher grade USB-LOD in the near future.. 

The USB connector is a little too long lawl.. oh well, its better than my previous one.. :)

As for cable burn in, I'm not sure if that really works or not. But i remember my singularity silver sounds less harsh/grainy than the first time I audition it. It could be mental burn it or what-not.. But no harm burning it in. It's not like the cable has a certain lifespan and those few hundred hours could be saved..

With that said, I'm currently leaning more and more to upgrading to crystal piccolino!! 

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #709 of 1,793
Sorry, was writing my reply and didn't know you guys were online... okay move on from the cables topic!! :p

Oct 20, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #710 of 1,793
The Crystal Piccolino itself is worth more than the CLAS, at least it's the case here - please let us know the difference in comparison with other cables you have tried when you've got the Piccolino.

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #711 of 1,793
Nah, I'm aiming for the IC cable, which is also worth half of CLAS's price.. :frowning2: yup will let you know..

btw, have any of you upgraded to iOS5? Does CLAS work with it? any difference? and in terms of functionality, such as the music app, is it better? I'm still on iOS4, have no reason to upgrade yet.. 

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #712 of 1,793
Am using IOS5 - no audible difference I'd say. Which IC are you getting - Dock to CLAS or CLAS to amp? Cheers

Oct 20, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #714 of 1,793

Quote:
zilch0md said:
Huh?  Did somebody call me?   
blink.gif

Haha, no I meant Zilch as in Zero, Nada, Nought....

Seems out of context and doesn't make a great deal of sense since someone decided to derail the thread which resulted in a whole heap of posts missing now!

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #715 of 1,793
I have both a TWag and the ALO Copper LOD to USB and I honestly hear no difference. Deciding which one to sell.

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #716 of 1,793
I have both a TWag and the ALO Copper LOD to USB and I honestly hear no difference. Deciding which one to sell.

Irrelevant to the thread again. I mentioned that interconnects, especially if they're short, is less noticeable than headphone cables.

Anyways, I'm debating whether to sell my CLAS or not, gambling on a balanced CLAS with the launch of the MKIII....

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #717 of 1,793

Quote:
Irrelevant to the thread again. I mentioned that interconnects, especially if they're short, is less noticeable than headphone cables.
Anyways, I'm debating whether to sell my CLAS or not, gambling on a balanced CLAS with the launch of the MKIII....

And risk playing the waiting game again? I'd rather enjoy the CLAS now and see what comes up.

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #718 of 1,793
I just went to Jaben just now to pick up my ACS T1 (fit problems for 5 months, don't ask :frowning2: )... i got to test out the piccolino.. and decided its not for my rig, it added warmth to my already warm rig... well, i'm happy that's over with... 

yeah ^+1... enjoy your CLAS now... who knows maybe there won't be a balanced CLAS coming out? 

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #719 of 1,793
So hoping that CLAS will come out with a balanced unit.  Anybody from CLAS listening?

Oct 20, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #720 of 1,793
AFAIK, no confirmation of a balanced CLAS... yet.

Let's hope there is, and also charges iPhone, and maybe another inputs? haha  (keep dreaming)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back