Cyberdrive Clarity Feather DAC
Jun 14, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #17 of 22
Good luck on selling your Clarity. It is a nice dac/amp for the asking price, $39 in the US, $49 with a set of their IEM dura phones. While it is no giant killer, it does extremely well for the price.

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #18 of 22
Hi all, got one of these today and must say..it's crap! As it's my first DAC I was expecting something good, so I can only assume it's a faulty unit. I'm on macOS 10.12.2  so went into the Audio Devices ..yes, there it is, but the actual audio from the unit is distorted no matter what I try. I'm using various headphones as well, so can't blame them.
Any ideas?

Cheers

EDIT

It works with no problem on an Android tablet, and a Chromebook although to my untrained ears it's no better than audio without the DAC. I'm using a pair of Superlux hd668.

Again, thanks.

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #19 of 22
  Hi all, got one of these today and must say..it's crap! As it's my first DAC I was expecting something good, so I can only assume it's a faulty unit. I'm on macOS 10.12.2  so went into the Audio Devices ..yes, there it is, but the actual audio from the unit is distorted no matter what I try. I'm using various headphones as well, so can't blame them.
Any ideas?

Cheers

EDIT

It works with no problem on an Android tablet, and a Chromebook although to my untrained ears it's no better than audio without the DAC. I'm using a pair of Superlux hd668.

Again, thanks.

Sounds like a driver issue on the mac. The sound quality is better than a sound card that produces any artifacts, but if you've got a decent sound card it will be as good as this DAC.

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #20 of 22
Thanks, after looking about and talking to a Mac expert, I now realise theres a DAC already inside the mac, so maybe it's that  causing the problem. So on eBay it's gone, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391646633072?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 if anyone's interested?

Cheers

Dec 8, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #21 of 22
Hi, well after chatting to a few people who tell me the Mac already has a DAC and that it may be causing the problem, I've put the Clarity on eBay.  Anyone interested can get in touch. Now today I've ordered an Xduoo X3, and this time read all about it here, so no nasty suprises!

Cheers

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #22 of 22
Wow, I had no problems with both of mine. I do use Windows 10, and it works great on both my desk and laptop, as well as all my iPads and iPhones. I actually enjoy the little cyberdrive clarity, not my best dac, but decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back