CX300 vs CX400 vs CX500? Or something else?
Aug 16, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKHAVEN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me, the Sennheiser CX series were some of the biggest dissapointments of any phones I've ever encountered. Don't get me wrong, I love Sennheiser for the most part, but these are so incredibly underperforming and overpriced that they left a really bad taste in my mouth. I would take an MX series earbud anyday before I spent 2-3x more for the CX series.

I agree completely, and I only spent $23 on my pair. I just had to get it since I already have just about every MX currently in production, and a lot of people (non Head-Fiers) seem to swear by them. I made the mistake of buying it after listening to the MX660, which is superior in just about every way except isolation.

Aug 16, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKHAVEN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't think of a single time I actually stuck to a budget when it came to audio...Time to upgrade again, thanks Head-fi...

LOL. Sorry for your wallet?

Aug 16, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. Sorry for your wallet?

The wallet is empty...

Aug 16, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i always wondered about the CX95, i had the impression that the CX55 and the CX95 were the "style oriented" versions of the CX300 and CX400,

Not quite. I talked to Sennheiser about them and they are actually improved versions of the CX300 and CX500 respectively. The CX95 is supposed to have tighter bass (which doesn't necessarily say much). He discussed other improvements, but in my opinion, they are minimal. I would still stay away.

Aug 16, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #21 of 32
Well, some say that cx-500 is quite similar to the cx-400 and ah-c351 sounds better so i can say you can stay away from the cx-300 to cx-500 series
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree completely, and I only spent $23 on my pair. I just had to get it since I already have just about every MX currently in production, and a lot of people (non Head-Fiers) seem to swear by them. I made the mistake of buying it after listening to the MX660, which is superior in just about every way except isolation.

I think you guys purchased fakes for those prices. But are the CX55 a better SQ than the CX500?

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you guys purchased fakes for those prices. But are the CX55 a better SQ than the CX500?

I actually bought mine from Newegg.com, so I know for sure that they are real. My comments were a little over-exaggerated as they were first impressions more than anything. Although I still prefer my MX660 and MX90, I like them a lot better now, but I still find the bass a bit much, the mids are somewhat recessed/undefined, and the treble isn't natural. However, they are pretty good if purchased for under $30.

With that said, if Sennheiser can create a canalphone that improves the mids, lessens and tighten the bass, makes the highs more natural, and adds more detail and soundstage, while retaining the comfort and ease-of-use, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. (Don't say "IE 8."
smile.gif
)

May 21, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #30 of 32
hey guys I hope anybody can answer to me, due to the oldness of the topic. Anyway, im from Chile and there´s a friend coming from the states and I want a pair of headphones, I was going for the cx500 in the first place (ebay, w/paypal), but after reading this I don`t know what to think. I may get a fake pair if I order them from that site, and then I read about the big fat uncontrolled bass on the cx500. I just want a comfortable pair (earbuds) and good isolation (I travel a lot by subway). My player devices are a Motorola Moto G (cel phone) and an ipod nano. please need some advice! budget: no more than 40 bucks.
thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back