CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Mar 20, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #437 of 2,412
Not interested Prognosis? Were you not thinking of adding a CX at some point?
HaHa! I’m running my core at present on a NUC w Rock with the EX as a renderer only. I dont need the extra power as I do not do dsd upsampling.

Mar 22, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #438 of 2,412
Mar 31, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #439 of 2,412
Ok just the DX guy here that has a iTunes library that I use to download new tunes which I subsequently used to copy paste to a flac alias folder for my DX hardrive. Everything was fine till I upgraded the iOS to big sur. Lost the flac alias folder connection to my DX. With the help of igor at hifi center, team viewed to set up that flac folder again, which he did. But still having problems converting the iTunes m4a to the m4a that roon can read. There’s also some stability issues between roon and the iMac, but that’s just weird.
does anyone use and convert I tunes library and how do you do it on a iMac?

Mar 31, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #440 of 2,412
It may be time to use tidal I suppose.

Mar 31, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #441 of 2,412
Noooooo! Go with Qobuz . . . . . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mar 31, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #442 of 2,412
No love from Qobuz in Canada. VPN backdoor is possible I understand. 😉

Mar 31, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #443 of 2,412
Opps, sorry. Raw nerve. Many apologies.

Apr 1, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #444 of 2,412
Digging a bit for the curious. yes the last iOS upgrade to big sur changed iTunes to music. iTunes would have to be exported as an xml file to the root music file in roon. Of course no one is referencing the new big sur functionality which also has changed from previous IOS. So for some reason roon on my DX doesn't like to have exported XML attempts and the operation will freeze.
So ill give it time to see if roon partners care to solve folks problems who use iTunes on an iMac and transfer these tunes to their antipodes data bases. It seems that we may be antiquated group, but i have found others attempting to do the same thing, whether its antipodes or other music servers, who have had problems. also if enough hang ups are reported back to apple..... Any rate not freaking at all, got 210 Gigs worth of tunes transferred before the ending of iTunes.

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #445 of 2,412
Hi,

HQPlayer users how to you change from PCM to DSD when upsampling as when I click on the mode source in the main window and select DSD it does nothing.

Apr 18, 2021 at 12:33 AM Post #447 of 2,412
Hey y'all, have a quick question. So right now I have an Edge (vintage, I know...) and I'm planning on upgrading. I have a small library, not even a full TB. I listen to PCM (192) and don't mess with any processing or DSD, nothing too horsepower oriented. So my question revolves around the ethernet switching (direct stream) on the CX and S40. I like the idea of having one network connection to the server and then running straight out into my Lumin U1. The S40 and power supply are a bit of an investment. S30 and power supply less so. So I guess my question is... is it worth it to go with the S40 (or CX) in order to use the direct stream ethernet? Would there be a noticeable benefit as opposed to having each running to my switch as they are right now? Hope that all makes sense. If there wouldn't be much of a benefit I could just use a S30 and power supply and save some money. Or a CX and save even more. Thoughts?

Apr 18, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #448 of 2,412
I would not use an S30 for a server. It is not designed for this purpose. The CX is a much cleaner installation than S40+S60 and less than half the price if you buy used.

The CX made a large improvement to my EX but not comparable to your situation because you are already using a two box solution. The only way to find out is to try. A used CX would be very low risk because you could sell it on for what you paid if you decided it doesn’t improve the sound.

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #449 of 2,412
Chord Dacs convert DSD back to PCM so I have never used DSD.
I was trying it on a different Dac which is not a Chord.

I have now sorted this thanks.

Apr 29, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #450 of 2,412
Question, any canada perspective due to geographic licensing , but for anyone. If you download music onto your hard drives , what service for high res do you use? Looks like apple music lossless is no longer compatible with roon. I don't buy cd,s but i do love antipodes ripper so there is that, but who wants a physical disk? you can go to settings, library, skipped files and see that the stream is no longer compatible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back