CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Jan 25, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #346 of 2,472
My loan/demo K50 has version 4.18.1 of embedded HQPlayer and despite removing HQP and then reinstalling from 'Available Apps' on the web interface it seems stuck on that version from July 2020. The latest embedded version is 4.21.0.

Does any Antipodes owner have info on how to load the latest version?
You need to run the software update. Not sure were it is on new K line. The latest takes up to a week from release to be added. I am looking forward to 4.21.0 as it is purported to fix the fail to start playback issue in 4.20.x.

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #348 of 2,472
My loan/demo K50 has version 4.18.1 of embedded HQPlayer and despite removing HQP and then reinstalling from 'Available Apps' on the web interface it seems stuck on that version from July 2020. The latest embedded version is 4.21.0.

Does any Antipodes owner have info on how to load the latest version?

Are you using Antipodes software version 2.7 or 2.8? If the former, then I think 4.18.1 is the latest supported version of HQP. Antipodes does not automatically release the latest version of HQP, they wait until they have tested in their system first. I like this approach.

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #349 of 2,472
Are you using Antipodes software version 2.7 or 2.8? If the former, then I think 4.18.1 is the latest supported version of HQP. Antipodes does not automatically release the latest version of HQP, they wait until they have tested in their system first. I like this approach.

Thanks for the message. The K50 is silent regarding the software version but as it is the top of the line latest released version one would hope it is also running then latest software.

1.18.1 was released in July 2020, ie six months ago and since then the later versions are reported to give better sound quality. I will pursue this direct with Antipodes and see if I can get a speedier incorporation of HQP updates.

Jan 25, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #350 of 2,472
Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #351 of 2,472
Thanks for the message. The K50 is silent regarding the software version but as it is the top of the line latest released version one would hope it is also running then latest software.

1.18.1 was released in July 2020, ie six months ago and since then the later versions are reported to give better sound quality. I will pursue this direct with Antipodes and see if I can get a speedier incorporation of HQP updates.

Please keep us posted. If you click this, you should see a software version, either 2.7 or 2.8:
https://antipodes.audio/myantipodes/

Jan 25, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #352 of 2,472
On EX CX you will need to upgrade to 2.8 to get any HQPlayer updates. Antipodes has an instruction sheet for the upgrade. Takes awhile but worth it. You may get a different HQPlayer fingerprint which will require a license update.

Jan 25, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #353 of 2,472
Please keep us posted. If you click this, you should see a software version, either 2.7 or 2.8:
https://antipodes.audio/myantipodes/

Ah, I have looked at that page so many times but the software version was hiding in plain sight.

It is software version AMSv3.0 on the K50.

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 20.17.44.png

Jan 26, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #354 of 2,472
Sup guys quick question if you can keep either the CX or EX for your speaker set up or headphone set up (speaker for me) would you take the CX or EX and why?

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #355 of 2,472
Sup guys quick question if you can keep either the CX or EX for your speaker set up or headphone set up (speaker for me) would you take the CX or EX and why?
I’ve decided on EX only for headphone listening. It was designed as a renderer. I keep my core on a nuc with roon rock and an optical network connection to the EX. The CX was designed as a server mainly.

Jan 26, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #356 of 2,472
If I could only keep one it would be the EX. I haven’t done the AB testing myself but most reviews indicate that the stand alone Ex sounds better than CX if connected to a DAC as an integrated server/player.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #357 of 2,472
You also need to consider the size your music collection is. If its substantial the EX will not flow through as smooth as the CX will due having the better processor. This has been mentioned in some reviews.

Jan 27, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #358 of 2,472
I thought I would test a split HQP configuration with the server on CX and NAA on the EX. I couldn’t get it to work. If I look at the settings on the HQP on the CX I set the backend as Network Audio, but it can’t find any devices where I need to choose the back end at the bottom of the settings. Any ideas?

Jan 27, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #359 of 2,472
I thought I would test a split HQP configuration with the server on CX and NAA on the EX. I couldn’t get it to work. If I look at the settings on the HQP on the CX I set the backend as Network Audio, but it can’t find any devices where I need to choose the back end at the bottom of the settings. Any ideas?
The DAC must be connected to the EX and NAA set to Active in Audio App Switcher on the EX. Also check NAA Settings that Audio Device is set to 'USB DAC' (if that is what you are using).

Jan 28, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #360 of 2,472
The DAC must be connected to the EX and NAA set to Active in Audio App Switcher on the EX. Also check NAA Settings that Audio Device is set to 'USB DAC' (if that is what you are using).

Thanks, I didn’t check the app switcher, will try again tonight. I could not see anywhere to change the NAA settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back