CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Mar 3, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #2,341 of 2,400
Ended up coming g to a decision that K22 was the way to go for me but trying to find one in the used market is like a needle in a hay stack. Spotted a new listing for a G3 K50 yesterday morning that was a good deal so that with a Jorma AES are heading here in the next day or two. Quite looking forward to hearing this especially after watching the interview with Mark on YT last night, seems like quite a grounded guy with good design philosophy!
I was looking at that very same listing....a really good price indeed. If you go for the G4 upgrade even better. I hope that you enjoy it

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:31 AM Post #2,342 of 2,400
I was looking at that very same listing....a really good price indeed. If you go for the G4 upgrade even better. I hope that you enjoy it
Yeah, thought it was a bit of a steal for a v2 tbh! Really good company to deal with as well which is a bonus.

I hope so too, will have a play around with DS vs AES and see what the M3 likes best, test Roon / Squeeze, Squeeze / Squeeze.

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #2,343 of 2,400

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #2,344 of 2,400
use an M Scaler and have been using the Audiowise SRC•DX to connect to it I would try a DDC in place.
The SRC-DX is a DDC (digital to digital converter). At its price point, it can do a really good job. What some more expensive DDCs offer is better clocking and the use of an even better power supply. These can bring significant improvements.

Mar 6, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #2,345 of 2,400
The SRC-DX is a DDC (digital to digital converter). At its price point, it can do a really good job. What some more expensive DDCs offer is better clocking and the use of an even better power supply. These can bring significant improvements.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #2,346 of 2,400
K50 has arrived...

The polite version of what I was thinking before it arrived was smoke and mirrors but there's only one way to find out...

Very surprised at what it brings to the table. This box of tricks is quite exceptional and probably due in part (I'm guessing) to removing noise from the system. Most obvious change is note weight, particularly bass / lower mid. Fuller, more textured. Timbre on the whole has jumped up a couple of levels along side resolution. Imaging / separation likewise and all of these (IMO) are probably affected by having a blacker background. Staging has expanded 3 dimensionally but not sure if that would tie in with reduced noise.

Quite impressed to say the least considering I'm basically only using the server side right now, Roon on server and player whilst waiting for a Jorma AES to arrive so I can use K50 player / clock instead of the M3's network card and switch to Squeeze.

Stock kettle lead for now albeit a regular MK plug so I'll change that out for some Belden shielded / MK / Fuse / Kaiser.

Setup is a walk in the park as was adding my library. Would be nice to have the new AMSv5 software front but think it's been pulled for now for bug fixes.

G4 doesn't particularly interest me right now, still a few tweaks in the bag and already sounding pretty damn good. Particularly looking forward to AES / Squeeze!

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #2,347 of 2,400
How much did you pay for the K50?

Mar 6, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #2,348 of 2,400
Jeepers just checked Canada price retail for k50 and oladra, inflation or what!!

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #2,352 of 2,400
Yep, £5994....:laughing:

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #2,353 of 2,400
For those of you who upgraded from K50 to Oladra, were the differences quite large or did you feel it was subtle?

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #2,354 of 2,400
For those of you who upgraded from K50 to Oladra, were the differences quite large or did you feel it was subtle?
Quite large.

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #2,355 of 2,400
so is the price now for new. no diss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back