CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Jun 19, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #2,221 of 2,535
New o/s in my antipodes is ready, amsv 4.4. Enjoy

Jun 19, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #2,222 of 2,535
I have no way to make that comparison. At present, the EtherRegen reduces it to 100mbps. Bypassing the moat in the ER gets me gigabit but at a loss of fidelity because the moat really helps. I am itching to move to another product that gives me gigabit with no loss of fidelity and hope that the EtherRegen Gen2 does that at a minimum. I will never purchase another product that maxes out at 100mbps.
Hi Ken,

What is the importance of having gigabit vs 100mbps of my oladra upgraded cx+ex stack ?

TIA and cheers.

Jun 19, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #2,223 of 2,535
What is the importance of having gigabit vs 100mbps of my oladra upgraded cx+ex stack ?
The files I copy to the local drive are large since I process them with PGGB. I am long past the point where I am tired of waiting so long for an album to copy over.

Jun 20, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #2,224 of 2,535
:)

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #2,225 of 2,535
Hello, this is my first post. Excellent forum.
I want to buy the Antipodes k21. This model has only one USB-audio output. My Michi x3 amplifier has a built-in DAC with USB-audio input. I will be using this connection for a while.
Do I need a USB converter to improve sound? Or is the USB output of the Antipodes without a converter OK?
Thanks for the replies and sorry for my not so good english.

Jul 2, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #2,226 of 2,535
Hello, this is my first post. Excellent forum.
I want to buy the Antipodes k21. This model has only one USB-audio output. My Michi x3 amplifier has a built-in DAC with USB-audio input. I will be using this connection for a while.
Do I need a USB converter to improve sound? Or is the USB output of the Antipodes without a converter OK?
Thanks for the replies and sorry for my not so good english.
The quality of the usb output on the Antipodes is one of the selling points. You will be well served by the K21 as a server player for a smaller size library.

Jul 2, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #2,228 of 2,535
Are you saying that k21 is a bad player?
Not at all. It’s main function is as a player. It can be a server as well but due to computing power larger libraries may be sluggish. It is a great player.

Jul 2, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #2,230 of 2,535
I plan to use k21 as a player. My Roon server is on a NAS.
I don't know if I need a USB converter.
That setup will work great. I would stay with the usb direct from the K21. Convertors may add noise, jitter.

Jul 2, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #2,232 of 2,535
Allow me one more question.
A friend sells the Melco HA-N1A-2EX-H60 server very cheaply. Melco has a connection to the player only through the Ethernet port.
I understand correctly that K21 cannot be connected via Ethernet?

Jul 4, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #2,233 of 2,535
so this seems new?olardra upgrade #2 is it? new prices, looks like DX3 might have reached its upgrade plateau. Im cool with it but this company stops for no one it seems.

Antipodes Audio Press Release 30 June 2023

Antipodes Audio is proud to announce its updated server/streamer line-up for 2023, with updates to the existing flagship OLADRA and the K Series range.

Coupled with the release of the updated range is the Antipodes Audio Upgrade Program for all existing OLADRA and K Series owners, which brings their units up to the corresponding new model specification. An upgraded unit will be identical in all respects to the new models and receive a fresh warranty. Antipodes Audio's Upgrades 29

The S Series has been discontinued due to Intel no longer making the CPUs required by these models, but we retain ample parts to support these models going forward.

Product Updates 2023

The Changes
Changes to the OLADRA and the K Series are due to four key developments that we have been working on over several months.

1. Installing the OLADRA’s triple-cascade power supply technology in the K Series models.
  2. Installing our proprietary high-quality isolation footers on the K Series models.
  3. Upgrading K50 and K41 Server engines with innovations used in the OLADRA.
  4. Upgrading the Player engines for the OLADRA, K50, K22 & K21.
  5. Installing new USB outputs for the OLADRA, K50, K22 & K21.
The benefits are mainly in improved sound quality for all models, and the K Series makes a step up towards the sound quality of the OLADRA. For many audiophiles, the most significant change is that the new USB output lifts the USB sound quality on up to match the sound quality of the S/PDIF, AES3 and I2S outputs.
Other benefits include an increase of 200% to 400% in system resources to improve system responsiveness, and enterprise-level OS resilience against data loss in unusual AC power events.
The new models and the upgrade program will go live early in August 2023.

Pricing
Prices do not include the impact of duties and taxes that might be levied in your country

1. OLADRA
    New Price: USD29,000
    Old Price: USD25,000
    Upgrade: USD4,000
  2. K50 Revised
    New Price: USD19,000
    Old Price: USD17,500
  3. K50 Original
    Old Price: USD15,000
    Upgrade: USD6,000
  4. K41
    New Price: USD10,000
    Old Price: USD10,000
    Upgrade: USD2,000
  5. K40
    Old Price: USD9,000
  6. K30
    Upgrade: USD3,000
  7. K22
    K22 New Price: USD9,000
  8. K21
    New Price: USD7,000
    Old Price: USD6,500

Jul 4, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #2,234 of 2,535
so this seems new?olardra upgrade #2 is it? new prices, looks like DX3 might have reached its upgrade plateau. Im cool with it but this company stops for no one it seems.

Antipodes Audio Press Release 30 June 2023

Antipodes Audio is proud to announce its updated server/streamer line-up for 2023, with updates to the existing flagship OLADRA and the K Series range.

Coupled with the release of the updated range is the Antipodes Audio Upgrade Program for all existing OLADRA and K Series owners, which brings their units up to the corresponding new model specification. An upgraded unit will be identical in all respects to the new models and receive a fresh warranty. Antipodes Audio's Upgrades 29

The S Series has been discontinued due to Intel no longer making the CPUs required by these models, but we retain ample parts to support these models going forward.

Product Updates 2023

The Changes
Changes to the OLADRA and the K Series are due to four key developments that we have been working on over several months.

1. Installing the OLADRA’s triple-cascade power supply technology in the K Series models.
  2. Installing our proprietary high-quality isolation footers on the K Series models.
  3. Upgrading K50 and K41 Server engines with innovations used in the OLADRA.
  4. Upgrading the Player engines for the OLADRA, K50, K22 & K21.
  5. Installing new USB outputs for the OLADRA, K50, K22 & K21.
The benefits are mainly in improved sound quality for all models, and the K Series makes a step up towards the sound quality of the OLADRA. For many audiophiles, the most significant change is that the new USB output lifts the USB sound quality on up to match the sound quality of the S/PDIF, AES3 and I2S outputs.
Other benefits include an increase of 200% to 400% in system resources to improve system responsiveness, and enterprise-level OS resilience against data loss in unusual AC power events.
The new models and the upgrade program will go live early in August 2023.

Pricing
Prices do not include the impact of duties and taxes that might be levied in your country

1. OLADRA
    New Price: USD29,000
    Old Price: USD25,000
  2. K50 Revised
    Old Price: USD17,500
  3. K50 Original
    Old Price: USD15,000
    Upgrade: USD6,000
  4. K41
    Old Price: USD10,000
  5. K40
  6. K30
    Upgrade: USD3,000
  7. K22
    K22 New Price: USD9,000
  8. K21
    New Price: USD7,000
    Old Price: USD6,500
I am trying to justify upgrading my K30. I left my EX as factory at the last upgrade. The new usb has me intrigued as it has new clock (I thought the dac was the master clock) and an ultra clean 5v supply. It also appears to be more secure fitting for the cable. To me the new feet are cosmetic in this case. No vibration in the little house on the prairie. The Oladra upgrades to the server and player are the mystery.

Jul 4, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #2,235 of 2,535
The new usb has me intrigued as it has new clock (I thought the dac was the master clock) and an ultra clean 5v supply.

The signal is reclocked and regenerated, so a high quality clock is integral to this. USB regeneration has lots of fans, but it sounds like Antipodes has a superior approach. I have no doubt that it will be a worthwhile upgrade,

No vibration in the little house on the prairie.
With headphones things certainly do get less of the shakes. I use speakers so different situation for sure. i already have high quality footers (Stillpoints) so the new footers likely won’t buy me much either.

The Oladra upgrades to the server and player are the mystery.
Antipodes tunes these boards somehow to reduce noise without harming bandwidth. I suspect that might be some of what is involved.

enterprise-level OS resilience against data loss in unusual AC power events
Nothing has been said about this on the forum, but I suspect this will be worthwhile especially for those who have occasional power events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back