CX, EX, K, S, Oladra, Antipodes, Owners Unite
Apr 13, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #2,386 of 2,391
Would be interesting to hear Antipodes comment to these modifications...

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #2,388 of 2,391
Would anyone have experience with a k30 and using hqplayer to up sample to Dsd? Could you share how far you could push it?
I could only get to DSD256 with one of the less CPU intensive modulators. I don’t recall how I made it work. It was with HQPlayer 4. This far HQPlayer 5 is more CPU intensive.

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #2,389 of 2,391
Thankyou.

My unit has been upgraded earlier this year but I don't know how much extra or processing power it has.

Do we know if it's possible to plug something like a Mac mini into the streamer network port on the k series and run HQ player from there rather than plug it in downstream?

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #2,390 of 2,391
Do we know if it's possible to plug something like a Mac mini into the streamer network port on the k series and run HQ player from there rather than plug it in downstream?
You could have the Mac mini anywhere on your network. HQPlayer Desktop can be configured to use the NAA running on the K30.

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #2,391 of 2,391
Some may already be doing this but thought I would put this out there to help others.
Anyone with the CX/EX combo on the EX the non powered USB output if you use a dual headed usb cable you can pull the power from the Black audio USB powered output port that has very clean power on the CX, so you now have two powered Black Audio usb outputs on the EX player. Very handy. I connected the one EX USB powered output to DI-24HE/MSclaer/Dave, the other EX USB that's now powered goes to SRC-DX/Dave for direct connection to Dave's second BNC inputs for full upsample using HQPlayer/PGGB. Considering a USB Reclocker before the SRC-DX/Dave but not the Phoenix USB I have a couple of much cheaper alternatives that are highly rated, so will see if any further improvements are to be made. I am happy with my MScaler/Dave setup now I have the DI-24HE in place so these other tweeks are mainly for using HQPlayer/PGGB full upsample direct to Dave.

Dual head USB cable.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back