CX-300 vs. EP630 (please vote only if you've heard both)
Oct 21, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #16 of 24
I just got my CX300's and as far as mircrophonics....

I'm sitting here listening to some trance fumbling with the cord not hearing anything so I'm sure it depends on what you listen to.

Just FYI, every review I've read mentioned microphonics with the EP630's as well.

I ended up with the Senn's because they don't have the straight plug and I want to keep as much stress off of the headphone jack of my Zen Micro as possible
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by iyzmi
What do you meen by "stress" on the headphone jack?

He means the lateral twisting that happens when something touches the plug. A plug that sticks out has a lot more leverage, and can damage the jack. It's really a problem for full-size plugs with mini adapters, which as you can imagine stick out quite a bit. If you accidentally brush up against those, you could snap your jack right out of its socket.

Oct 21, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by iyzmi
What do you meen by "stress" on the headphone jack?

i believe hes referring to his zen micro coz there are numerous reports about the jack having problems. though im not sure how an L shaped plug can minimize the "stress"
confused.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by dranoel4190
i believe hes referring to his zen micro coz there are numerous reports about the jack having problems. though im not sure how an L shaped plug can minimize the "stress"
confused.gif

Read the post right above yours
wink.gif

Think of it this way....

Say your earphones are plugged in and your DAP is sitting in front of you.

You tug the cord to the left.

With the straight plug the cord is going to be tugging from the top of the plug and the leverage will cause lots of stress.

With the L-shaped plug the cord is coming out of the plug sideways and though there will still be some stress, all of that extra leverage is gone because the cord is not coming out from the top but from the side.

Oct 24, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #21 of 24
I see that the stats for the cx330s and ep630s are different. The EP630s have a frequency responce of 6hz-23khz. CX330 are 112dB while ep630 are 106dB. Does this make any difference?

Nov 22, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #23 of 24
Yup, the L-jack is better esp if your player drops, less stress or less length to snag and break part of the jack. As well, it just looks better (silver) and having the S for sennheiser on the bud is much better than the triangle thing for creative.

If they sound the same, oh bother, the Senn's are worth the extra US 15$ or so.
etysmile.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeaQue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read the post right above yours
wink.gif

Think of it this way....

Say your earphones are plugged in and your DAP is sitting in front of you.

You tug the cord to the left.

With the straight plug the cord is going to be tugging from the top of the plug and the leverage will cause lots of stress.

With the L-shaped plug the cord is coming out of the plug sideways and though there will still be some stress, all of that extra leverage is gone because the cord is not coming out from the top but from the side.

I thought this too until I've realized that angled plugs puts more strain on the cable itself when the mp3 player is located below the chest. The lower it is, the more the cable is angled upwards from the plug to reach your ears.

Movement will eventually angle the cable even more and will eventually lead to a loose connection.
plainface.gif

That's what happened with my ER6s at least. Now, it's almost useless due to its wiring troubles.

The EP630s are paired with a low profile, straight phone jack. A perfect design choice, IMO. http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showp...69&postcount=3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back