Cute Amps etc.
Nov 7, 2005 at 11:58 AM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
Hi David. Can you give any information about your courier regarding sending your products to Mexico? Do they deliver directly to your door a la FedEx or do they rely on the local mail service to do that? Thanks.

Hi Onix,

I am sure EMS provies door to door services! thanks.

EMS Services

Nov 7, 2005 at 12:27 PM Post #32 of 47
Thanks evilgnome
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 12:49 PM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Wow... they measure insanely well, IMO. The "Battery Cute" is on my list. Too bad about the insane shipping cost to the U.S>
frown.gif

Edit -- also, I wish it came in black.

It's to be considered that the amps are measured without load anyway (if I understand correctly). But indeed they do. I'm only a bit puzzled by the ever-so-slight 'imbalance' of performance between channels in the Cute Beyond alone.

Nov 7, 2005 at 1:07 PM Post #34 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lin
Thanks evilgnome !
icon10.gif

Hi fewtch ~
We can do nothing for the shipping cost :
http://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet...al_f_6_5.jsp#m

The USD to NTD rate is 1($) : 33(NTD)

Fair enough... no blame to you guys, but it does put a little bit of a damper on my enthusiasm. I'll pick one up eventually, $200 seems like a good deal (and I like simple, clean designs like that).

Nov 7, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #36 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Damn...i have the cute beyond and dac in the cart...thinking if i should pull the trigger. I've some questions though if anyone can help.

Can my ipod thru pocketdock usb, connect directly to the usb dac and then amp?

Ipod -> pocketdock -> usb cable -> usb dac -> headphone amp -> headphone

What's the diff between class A amp and class ab/dc ( beyond cute and encore ). Which sounds better or would likely sound better?

Thanks,
najib

Hi Najib
You can use your iPod with the Spitfire DAC if you have the right cable with Digital out. I have seen it a few times but don't know where I can buy it. Maybe someone here can enlight me?
So the whole link would be

iPod -> digital out cable -> Spitfire DAC -> interconnect (RCA plugs) -> Headphone amps (Beyond/Encore) -> your Headphone

Nov 7, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by J@ck
Hi Najib
You can use your iPod with the Spitfire DAC if you have the right cable with Digital out. I have seen it a few times but don't know where I can buy it. Maybe someone here can enlight me?
So the whole link would be

iPod -> digital out cable -> Spitfire DAC -> interconnect (RCA plugs) -> Headphone amps (Beyond/Encore) -> your Headphone

You cannot do this. The iPod does not have a digital out or USB out for audio. You may have confused the iPod with an iRiver iHP-120/140 series player which offer an optical output.

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #38 of 47
I'm really considering buying one of those Cute amps in the next month or so, but I still don't quite understand the difference between the different models. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the opamp-based models minimize distortion and can modify the sound signature with different opamps, while the class AB/CD model (Encore) pushes out more power at the cost of a higher distortion factor. Am I getting this right, or am I way off?

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #39 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth
Hi David,

Which of the models would you reccommend for Grados (or ATH or other headphones at 32ohms)?

Thanks

Hi jrosenth,
For Grados, Cute Beyond should be a good choice.

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lin
Hi jrosenth,
For Grados, Cute Beyond should be a good choice.

Excellent.

David,
When ordering, can we pick which color face we will get on the Beyond or is it random/production date based?

I'm definately considering the Beyond for my HF-1's (and SR-80's). Do you think it would work equally well with an AKG K501?
Other than the K1000, what other phones was the Encore designed for?

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
I'm really considering buying one of those Cute amps in the next month or so, but I still don't quite understand the difference between the different models. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the opamp-based models minimize distortion and can modify the sound signature with different opamps, while the class AB/CD model (Encore) pushes out more power at the cost of a higher distortion factor. Am I getting this right, or am I way off?

Hi Creep,

May I say they are tasted different?
icon10.gif

All "Cutes" are very low distortion, Yes; Encore and Battery Cute can output more power (or current) than Beyond, but base on "Ohm's Law", It only happen in facing very low impedance, low sensitivity loading.

In fact, Encore was born to someone who just didn't like the OP amp.
wink.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #42 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Excellent.

David,
When ordering, can we pick which color face we will get on the Beyond or is it random/production date based?

I'm definately considering the Beyond for my HF-1's (and SR-80's). Do you think it would work equally well with an AKG K501?
Other than the K1000, what other phones was the Encore designed for?

Hi~

The color is up to you, free! please write it down when you order.
I have K501 & M1, Thay match Cute Beyond well. As I said; Encore was designed for guys didn't like OP amp.
icon10.gif
Is it sound nice? May I let reviewer to show you?

Nov 8, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #43 of 47
I'd almost want to get them both, the Beyond and the Encore. (ain't I
very_evil_smiley.gif
to myself?
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:32 PM Post #44 of 47
but... why they have the 1\8 headphone jack and not the 1\4?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A suggestion: for the Proline 750 which is the best? The encore or the beyond?!
Impedance 40 Ohm
Sound pressure level 94 dB

And exisits sonic differences between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back