CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
May 25, 2023 at 8:41 AM Post #2,402 of 2,466
@piotrus-g H3 Pro looks really interesting! How bass-heavy can it get? What are the bass boosts we can expect from the different filters?

May 25, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #2,403 of 2,466
@piotrus-g H3 Pro looks really interesting! How bass-heavy can it get? What are the bass boosts we can expect from the different filters?
Based on their comparator H30 would have slightly less bass quantity than F5 especially in mid bass area

IMG_6028.jpeg

H3 Pro has been equipped with a 10mm PEEK+PU composite diaphragm dynamic driver for low frequencies, 6mm graphene diaphragm dynamic driver for midrange and a small planar driver for high frequencies. Pressure Optimizing Design (P.O.D.) for normalizing pressure in front of the woofer. Tunable vent allows for full control of bass response by the user (filters sold separately). Special 3D-printed waveguide to finely tune midrange and high frequencies. Finally, a 3-way crossover with Flat Impedance ensuring always stable sound signature independently from a sound source.

H3 Pro delivers a balanced signature with weighty bass notes and focus on sub-bass, leaving mid-bass clean and fast for as much precision as possible. Vocals are beautifully rendered in a very Custom-Art-like fashion. Upper midrange and lower highs have been brought forward to better reproduce snare drums and guitar strings and piano. High tones are fast, detailed, extended and sibilance-free, however at the same time we wanted them to be a bit more true to recording showing any mastering or quality flaws without unnecessarily forcing its own style and masking onto the music.

We dedicate H3 Pro to professional musicians, vocalists, and music enthusiasts looking for precise stage sound. Keeping perfect balance of musicality, brightness, smoothness, speed, and detail. The tuning kit (available separately) allows to independently tune low frequency response by passive filters, much like in FIBAE 5, but to a greater extent and with bigger impact on the bass response, from completely flat to bass-heavy. The flexibility of H3 Pro’s signature allows for drums, guitar and vocal monitoring, as well as casual music listening with added advantage of sound personalization. Hybrid 3 Pro will easily find admirers for its uniqueness, balance, agility, and rawness.

https://thecustomart.com/h3-pro/

Last edited:
May 29, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #2,405 of 2,466
Using the comparator on the H3Pro and F3x3 is interesting. It's almost like the Custom Art interpretation of "flat studio" sound has evolved to involve a lot more bass availability.
That's definitely true, similar could be said about high frequencies but maybe I'm just aging hahaha

May 29, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #2,406 of 2,466
That's definitely true, similar could be said about high frequencies but maybe I'm just aging hahaha
Aren't we all!!! It is so cool to sit back and watch(and listen) to Custom Art through the years. I feel your progress and tunings have been a labor of love. The entire FIBAE line is tuned differently culminating with the FIBAE 7U. I am listening to the F6 right now which has always been incredible to me. I am excited to hear the direction CA goes.

May 30, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #2,407 of 2,466
Aren't we all!!! It is so cool to sit back and watch(and listen) to Custom Art through the years. I feel your progress and tunings have been a labor of love. The entire FIBAE line is tuned differently culminating with the FIBAE 7U. I am listening to the F6 right now which has always been incredible to me. I am excited to hear the direction CA goes.
I'm sure it's been asked before but I wonder if CA would consider keeping an area on the site for legacy comparisons. It's cool to see the evolution, as you said. 😎 The driver configuration on the H3Pro will be interesting to see in action. I can't recall if it was mentioned how the dynamic driver implementations have changed from Go One through F5 and now H3Pro

Jun 2, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #2,408 of 2,466
Some pictures of my Fibae 5 I took collection of recently from Custom Art.....

IMG-2759.jpg
IMG-2760.jpg
IMG-2761.jpg
IMG-2762.jpg
IMG-2763.jpg

Jun 2, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #2,409 of 2,466
Jun 2, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #2,410 of 2,466

Beautiful pictures! You've managed to capture the IEM's look perfectly even though colors change so much at different angles.
Happy Listening! Hope you like them!

Jun 2, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #2,411 of 2,466
Beautiful pictures! You've managed to capture the IEM's look perfectly even though colors change so much at different angles.
Happy Listening! Hope you like them!
Thanks. Hard to take pictures that do it justice so I hope I've managed to show the colour change from different angles along with the fact that there is depth to the design and the space that the titanium flakes sit in. Beautiful design and I'm delighted with how they turned out.

Jun 2, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #2,412 of 2,466

IMG-2759.jpg
IMG-2760.jpg
IMG-2761.jpg
IMG-2762.jpg
IMG-2763.jpg
I love my custom F5, but damn, they aren't that beautiful! Thank goodness they likely sound just as good!

Jun 3, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #2,413 of 2,466
Created a thread for the Hybrid 3 Pro. Hopefully this is cool - mostly lurk here but trying to put my mouth where my money is (literally - bank transfer just got confirmed so we're in it now!)

Starting this spin-off thread for those who get on the Custom Art Hybrid 3 Pro train! I figured I'd start it since my money is in the bank (well, Piotr's bank, not mine). To my knowledge, a thread for this IEM hasn't been created yet - my apologies if my search didn't catch it. First thread posted so hopefully my re-reading of the rules has me adequately caught up.

Here's the first mention of it in the main Custom Art FIBAE impressions thread:

More info on Custom Art's socials and website. Myself, I'll have a universal model coming in. I have FIBAE Black in custom but that was years ago and I'm not sure the audiologist I use does it quite right. I have two custom IEMs and both have slight niggle issues with fit that I wouldn't know how to describe. Plus, there have been times I wanted others to know what I'm listening to so universal is better for that. I'm excited to hear what CA's latest take on "studio" sound sig is plus I want to see what two DD's and a planar sound like in CA's house flavor.

Jun 4, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #2,414 of 2,466
Jul 2, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #2,415 of 2,466
As I rounded out my cable rolling with Fibae5, I finally settled on the EA Cadmus 8w with silver plated copper. The synergy is just terrific showing F5 to be the TOTL iem that it is. Separation, resolution, deep low end bass, air and soundstage all shine brightly with this admittedly heavy cable. It's ergonomic enough (better than the Ares 8w!) and gives the F5 everything it wants from a cable. Highly recommended and also versatile to many other iems in my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back