CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #2,176 of 2,468
@piotrus-g : is the filter option also available/included for the universal fit?

Oct 26, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #2,178 of 2,468
So today I briefly listened to FIBAE 5 and compared it to FIBAE 3x3 and FIBAE 7 Unlimited.

First impressions of FIBAE 5

What struck me right of the bat was bass response of the F5. Bass was impactful and very present when called for. What was really impressive was the versatility of the bass. It hits hard when it should hit, but also reverberates beautifully whenever recording has those low long notes. Bass texture and details were almost palpable.

Mids obviously aren’t the main star of the show, but they were still present, smooth and colorful. Good news are that space clues are apparent and instruments/vocal timbre isn’t lost. Overall no weird peaks, dips or resonances. Just slightly backed off, but nicely tuned midrange.

Highs on the other hand are another big contributor to overall sound of these IEMs. They have very natural attack, but quite fast decay. This characteristic makes them very detailed and clean. While extension is through the roof, there are no jarring peaks to be found anywhere, so I didn’t experience any ear fatigue. Based on what I heard I would describe top range as very shimmery, vibrant and rich.

In comparison 3x3 were much more dry, not as impactful, but also clearer in the midrange. I think that for vocal lovers they are still the best option.

The flagship, F7 Unlimited, remains the pure reference choice as it is perfectly balanced across whole range and renders the most vast and 3D soundstage, but what it lacks is the sheer bass viscerality and those sweet shimmering highs.

Side note:

It wasn’t stated before, but there will be a possibility to reduce bass by few dB with included filter to plug the bass port. In such configuration F5 has similar tonal balance to the F7U, but it is still a slight V-shape. I liked the F5 very much with the filter installed.

To sum it up: I left Custom Art’s office with freshly made ear impressions and pre-order for FIBAE 5 :)
Thanks for your visit, it was nice to chat again :) and many thanks for the order :)

Oct 26, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #2,180 of 2,468
Oct 27, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #2,181 of 2,468
Oct 27, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #2,182 of 2,468
@piotrus-g will the custom offer a filter option as well ?
Yes, Piotr told me that the Knowles filter that gives the option to reduce the bass shelf by ~ 3-4dB will be provided in the package. Piotr just had a baby boy a few days back, so he's been occupied with not just one creation but two! :sweat_smile: The FIBAE 5 did come first but the natural one is perfect! :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #2,183 of 2,468
Yes, Piotr told me that the Knowles filter that gives the option to reduce the bass shelf by ~ 3-4dB will be provided in the package. Piotr just had a baby boy a few days back, so he's been occupied with not just one creation but two! :sweat_smile: The FIBAE 5 did come first but the natural one is perfect! :sweat_smile:
Yeah hahah, been busy indeed, thanks for chiming in and providing info :)

Oct 29, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #2,185 of 2,468
Very interested to hear the fibae 5. Got a FR sent over and they look very interesting. Put in a preorder for a universal just a little while ago. My experience with customs has been more of a pain than its been worth, so hopefully these will sound great and fit well. Decided just to go with the stock design as its pretty nice on the uni.

And now the waiting begins.

Oct 29, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #2,186 of 2,468
Very interested to hear the fibae 5. Got a FR sent over and they look very interesting. Put in a preorder for a universal just a little while ago. My experience with customs has been more of a pain than its been worth, so hopefully these will sound great and fit well. Decided just to go with the stock design as its pretty nice on the uni.

And now the waiting begins.
Thank you for your order :)

Oct 29, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #2,187 of 2,468
Thanks for confirming that's great news for tuning alternatively.

Yes indeed I remember the early days after the baby arrives, fond memories but also such energy required so kudos for doing it all at once and no doubt FIBAE5 will carry special meaning... for me as well as it strangely nov 14th is my 50th b-day :p Not to mention I have been waiting for a Custom Art tri-brid for a good long while :p

Oct 30, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #2,188 of 2,468
The FIBAE 7 Unlimited review is up

Custom Art FIBAE 7 Unlimited

20220725_192206.jpg

Nov 16, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #2,190 of 2,468
Fibae 5 are now flying to Switzerland. Countdown has started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back