CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,651 of 2,466
Well Blacks are warmer than 8.2 and their signature is darker and more laid back with less forward mids than Harmony. And forward mids are strictly required for vocal monitoring, meaning Blacks are not as suited for that particular task

Interestingly, compared to the large sea of IEMs I tested to date, I'd describe FIBAE Black as laid back and relaxing, but the midrange is still fairly forward to me, or at least it is at balanced levels. To say the least, they clearly don't have a recessed midrange :)

My first impressions coming soon to this thread!! :)

Mar 16, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #1,652 of 2,466
Interestingly, compared to the large sea of IEMs I tested to date, I'd describe FIBAE Black as laid back and relaxing, but the midrange is still fairly forward to me, or at least it is at balanced levels. To say the least, they clearly don't have a recessed midrange :)

My first impressions coming soon to this thread!! :)
Yes, it was not my intention to say that Blacks are mid-recessed, they definitely aren't, but in my experience with pros, vocalists need more 2-3kHz peak - between 3-5dB more than what Blacks offer.

Mar 16, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #1,653 of 2,466
Yes, it was not my intention to say that Blacks are mid-recessed, they definitely aren't, but in my experience with pros, vocalists need more 2-3kHz peak - between 3-5dB more than what Blacks offer.

Good insight!

I agree, I noticed a lot of customs companies do make their artist monitor series like that :)

Mar 24, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #1,654 of 2,466
Our full review for the FIBAE 4 is out. Well worth a demo if you like big bass :)

https://headfonics.com/2019/03/custom-art-fibae-4-review/

DSCF0557-1.jpg

Mar 29, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #1,656 of 2,466
Off the cuff, I was looking at CA's Instagram and saw this post about Can Jam. I know I shoudn't be reading too much into "we have some surprises" and "Experience the full FIBAE line," but that's not how hype works, right? :upside_down: Anyone going to be there that wants to spy out the Custom Art booth for the rest of us?

Also, I am slowly trying to convince my church's band leader to try something CA. He's a lead guitarist (electric and acoustic) and vocalist but he says he wants bass kick as well. Fibae 2, maybe? He's trying to keep the budget down, so I don't know if Fibae 4 would be a bridge too far.

Mar 29, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #1,657 of 2,466
Off the cuff, I was looking at CA's Instagram and saw this post about Can Jam. I know I shoudn't be reading too much into "we have some surprises" and "Experience the full FIBAE line," but that's not how hype works, right? :upside_down: Anyone going to be there that wants to spy out the Custom Art booth for the rest of us?

Also, I am slowly trying to convince my church's band leader to try something CA. He's a lead guitarist (electric and acoustic) and vocalist but he says he wants bass kick as well. Fibae 2, maybe? He's trying to keep the budget down, so I don't know if Fibae 4 would be a bridge too far.

Fibae 2 I believe is one of Piotrus's recommendation for rock and metal certainly. Can also say it works well for progressive and melodic rock (when I can get the universals to seal :frowning2: ).

Mar 29, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #1,658 of 2,466

FIBAE 2 would be the direction I would go. Also, the ME is great for his liking.

Mar 29, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #1,659 of 2,466

I will, but I'm fairly certain nothing new's gonna be there. By surprises, Piotr probably means the AMA and giveaway that Music Sanctuary have since announced. But, I'd also love to be proven wrong. :wink:

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #1,660 of 2,466
I will, but I'm fairly certain nothing new's gonna be there. By surprises, Piotr probably means the AMA and giveaway that Music Sanctuary have since announced. But, I'd also love to be proven wrong. :wink:
The word "giveaway" is an instant +15 beats per second to the heartrate, that's for sure but certainly not on the level of something like "surprise! new models!". I'm sure you'd be more interested in the AMA if you hadn't JUST interviewed Piotr. (I'm assuming that's who the AMA is with? I'm not familiar with Music Sanctuary, are they a local company?) It'd be nice to know how the process for developing their 3D printing capabilities beyond black acrylic is coming. Hopefully that's something that has been coming along. Of course, with Fibae Black orders still getting churned out, I imagine they haven't had a lot of machine time to experiment. But, if my Fibae Black order mysteriously comes out in some other color, I'll be surprised but not unpleasantly so :ksc75smile:

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #1,661 of 2,466
The word "giveaway" is an instant +15 beats per second to the heartrate, that's for sure but certainly not on the level of something like "surprise! new models!". I'm sure you'd be more interested in the AMA if you hadn't JUST interviewed Piotr. (I'm assuming that's who the AMA is with? I'm not familiar with Music Sanctuary, are they a local company?) It'd be nice to know how the process for developing their 3D printing capabilities beyond black acrylic is coming. Hopefully that's something that has been coming along. Of course, with Fibae Black orders still getting churned out, I imagine they haven't had a lot of machine time to experiment. But, if my Fibae Black order mysteriously comes out in some other color, I'll be surprised but not unpleasantly so :ksc75smile:

Music Sanctuary is Custom Art’s Singaporean dealer. Piotr’s booth at CJ is a part of theirs. I hope I’m not mistaken, but I’m pretty sure Custom Art is capable of printing in more than just black acrylic. Most of their early prints from when they got the printers were either clear or translucent red. I think the black was just to fit the theme of the product and to streamline production, considering the number of orders that came rushing in.

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #1,662 of 2,466
@piotrus-g if i buy an universal iem from your company and i decide to sell it , can the 2nd owner send it to you for checking/fixing if a problem appears and the iem is still within the 12-month warranty period ?

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #1,663 of 2,466
considering the number of orders that came rushing in.
Huh, I wonder why that was... it's almost like a bunch of IEM reviewers were given some blind samples and gave such glowing reviews that people who hadn't ever spent so much money in one place suddenly flung their wallets at Piotr <me: looks at spot on table where wallet used to be, glares at Deezel, sighs, checks email again for the 40th time today to see if email from Custom Art came in [even though I know it's 5am in Warsaw and a bunch of the team is probably in Singapore]>

Mar 30, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #1,665 of 2,466

Doesn't Piotrus have a habit of dropping surprises on april the 1st and then spending the rest of the week trying to convince everyone it's real though :p ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back