CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Feb 14, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #1,621 of 2,466
Was on the hypetrain for the F4 but then stumbled upon the interview with a new flagship mentioned. Decided to skip on the F4 and wait for the new flagship -- if they can make the FIBAE lineup this good already, I'm super curious as to what they can bring to the table with the new flagship.
I'm certainly interested in what the rumored flagship could be bringing to the table but not sure how serious I'd be about jumping in on it. I need to let me wallet recover from other escapades. But, the good news is that CA will have my impressions for the next two years, so I have time to watch and wait. But, like I said, Blacks first.

Feb 15, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #1,622 of 2,466
Was on the hypetrain for the F4 but then stumbled upon the interview with a new flagship mentioned. Decided to skip on the F4 and wait for the new flagship -- if they can make the FIBAE lineup this good already, I'm super curious as to what they can bring to the table with the new flagship.
Heh, well not to be downer but the flagship has been hinted a year ago f.e. with Headfonics https://headfonics.com/2018/04/business-in-audio-custom-art/ it's a long process and truth be told I have no idea when we are going to release it. So just so you know it might be a longer wait.

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #1,623 of 2,466
I'm certainly interested in what the rumored flagship could be bringing to the table but not sure how serious I'd be about jumping in on it. I need to let me wallet recover from other escapades. But, the good news is that CA will have my impressions for the next two years, so I have time to watch and wait. But, like I said, Blacks first.
Heh, well not to be downer but the flagship has been hinted a year ago f.e. with Headfonics https://headfonics.com/2018/04/business-in-audio-custom-art/ it's a long process and truth be told I have no idea when we are going to release it. So just so you know it might be a longer wait.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait! :)

Feb 15, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #1,624 of 2,466
Feb 15, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #1,625 of 2,466
I finally got notification that my fibae black has shipped. It's the universal version so looking forward to it. I just need to purchase a balanced cable for my zx300 now. Hopefully these and the Andromeda will make a good set of earphones where I don't buy anything else.

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #1,626 of 2,466
I imagine we should be getting some sound impressions soon from those who purchased during the preorder stage. I got my universals in the mail today and I purchased mine a few days before the pre-order price ended. I got mine completely in black and I wish I got a logo or at least a better faceplate after seeing some of the images on instagram/facebook. Unfortunately for me I still need to purchase a balanced cable as I only have the stock one to use now. I found a cable I liked recently however I just need to get it reterminated so this will probably take a month or so before I get a proper cable for my Sony ZX300. Luckily for my wallet I won't be purchasing the Fibae 4 during the pre-order as I'm not sure if I would like its sound signature. I just need to find a universal Harmony 8.2 ad for really cheap one day. I purchased these hoping it will replace my Fiio FH5 and it's pretty clear early on that they will do just that. I was regretting the other day putting them up for sale before I switched from the Andromeda to the FH5 and changed my mind really quick.

I do need to experiment with tips to find out what will work well. I'm using some spinfit dual flange with the included spacers for now and will go through some other tips to find out which one sounds the best to me however I do like what I'm hearing so far. Reviews are difficult to judge how something will sound so luckily I do like the sound. Despite the chart on the customart website, I was fearing a bass heavier sound signature where it overpowers everything and I'm happy to report that is not the case. These do sound nice for a single driver however I'll need a lot more time with them before I figure out where they stand. The Andromeda is just a tick short of my perfect sound signature so I doubt anything will knock them off unless I can get my hands on a cheap UERM universal.

The package itself was pretty bare bones however it includes everything I need. I actually don't need the pelican case and will probably use the Andromeda case if needed during my commute. Pictures of what you get here: https://imgur.com/a/NW1xMpk

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #1,627 of 2,466
I imagine we should be getting some sound impressions soon from those who purchased during the preorder stage. I got my universals in the mail today and I purchased mine a few days before the pre-order price ended. I got mine completely in black and I wish I got a logo or at least a better faceplate after seeing some of the images on instagram/facebook. Unfortunately for me I still need to purchase a balanced cable as I only have the stock one to use now. I found a cable I liked recently however I just need to get it reterminated so this will probably take a month or so before I get a proper cable for my Sony ZX300. Luckily for my wallet I won't be purchasing the Fibae 4 during the pre-order as I'm not sure if I would like its sound signature. I just need to find a universal Harmony 8.2 ad for really cheap one day. I purchased these hoping it will replace my Fiio FH5 and it's pretty clear early on that they will do just that. I was regretting the other day putting them up for sale before I switched from the Andromeda to the FH5 and changed my mind really quick.

I do need to experiment with tips to find out what will work well. I'm using some spinfit dual flange with the included spacers for now and will go through some other tips to find out which one sounds the best to me however I do like what I'm hearing so far. Reviews are difficult to judge how something will sound so luckily I do like the sound. Despite the chart on the customart website, I was fearing a bass heavier sound signature where it overpowers everything and I'm happy to report that is not the case. These do sound nice for a single driver however I'll need a lot more time with them before I figure out where they stand. The Andromeda is just a tick short of my perfect sound signature so I doubt anything will knock them off unless I can get my hands on a cheap UERM universal.

The package itself was pretty bare bones however it includes everything I need. I actually don't need the pelican case and will probably use the Andromeda case if needed during my commute. Pictures of what you get here: https://imgur.com/a/NW1xMpk

Don't forget there's also the black's thread in the sponsor ship forum. Maybe one for Piotrus, where do you want discussions to go? In that one or keep this one going?

My impressions got to CA in double quick time for some reason this time so now the wait really begins. Glad I got them done when I did. Just had a move around at work and am back in the noisy area :frowning2:

Also ygpm Rawrster

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #1,628 of 2,466
Hey, I asked about the Music Two versus FIBAE 2 a few weeks ago, but I am curious if anyone has compared the FIBAE 2 and the Black? I'm not so sure which one I'd actually prefer signature-wise. (I've prefered v-shaped and 'warm & smooth' IEMs in the past, but have gravitated toward a 'neutral w/ bass boost' preference over the last couple years.)

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #1,629 of 2,466
FIBAE2 have V-shaped signature, Black very timbre on mids and higher bass.

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #1,630 of 2,466
Hey, I asked about the Music Two versus FIBAE 2 a few weeks ago, but I am curious if anyone has compared the FIBAE 2 and the Black? I'm not so sure which one I'd actually prefer signature-wise. (I've prefered v-shaped and 'warm & smooth' IEMs in the past, but have gravitated toward a 'neutral w/ bass boost' preference over the last couple years.)

I will be comparing the two when I receive my Black :)

Feb 26, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #1,631 of 2,466
Subbing since, the more I give it consideration, the more interested I get in the FIBAE line as my first pair of CIEMs. I've seen nothing but great things about the 3, but the 4 is starting to intrigue me for the fun factor. 90% of my listening is done during work commutes across a really broad range of genres, so whichever pair would better serve as a jack-of-all-trades would eke itself over the top.

I think congratulations are in order to Piotr for finding a brilliant way to carve his niche into a pretty crowded market. Really excited to see what the consensus is on the 4 as more people get their hands on it.

Mar 2, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #1,632 of 2,466
Question! I'm considering a F2... why? I have a UE7 (treble-centric, light bass) and InEarz Euphoria (bass-heavy, less treble, huge soundstage). I'd like something somewhere in the middle, that doesn't break the bank. The F2 (and F3, and F4, but I disgress) has great reviews.

I listen mostly to heavy metal, the more technical, fast kind. Does it strike you guys as a decent choice, especially vs. what I already am listening to?
Source = Spotify on highest quality, DragonFly Red.

(note: I'm hesitating between the F2, 3, 4, as well as the Jomo Haka and the Cosmic Ears CE6P. I'd LOVE something with a T2/IPX connector so I could use my existing SuperBax cable, but it seems no other manufacturers do them :frowning2: )

Mar 3, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #1,634 of 2,466
Question! I'm considering a F2... why? I have a UE7 (treble-centric, light bass) and InEarz Euphoria (bass-heavy, less treble, huge soundstage). I'd like something somewhere in the middle, that doesn't break the bank. The F2 (and F3, and F4, but I disgress) has great reviews.

I listen mostly to heavy metal, the more technical, fast kind. Does it strike you guys as a decent choice, especially vs. what I already am listening to?

(note: I'm hesitating between the F2, 3, 4, as well as the Jomo Haka and the Cosmic Ears CE6P. I'd LOVE something with a T2/IPX connector so I could use my existing SuperBax cable, but it seems no other manufacturers do them :frowning2: )

I'm using the f2 for progressive rock and metal and works well for that.

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #1,635 of 2,466

One more vote for FIBAE2 in your case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back