Custom tips for Earsonics SM3
Apr 6, 2011 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JasonMS

New Head-Fier
Hey Everyone,
                      I wanted to know if anyone of you has tested any Ear-tips for Earsonics SM3 IEM (other than what comes with the package). I am interested in buying better tips which would keep the sound balance while improving the overall experience. My budget is around $50 and I am from Toronto, Canada :) 
Thanks in advance.
Have an awesome day :D

May 5, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 3
+1

The SM3 is the only IEM I've found so far that fits my ears fairly well.  The larger Comply tips included with the package fit quite well, but I'd like to have an alternative that's not quite so totally isolating - if I'm wearing these and the phone rings or my son calls for help, I can't hear it at all.  The bi-flange silicons that come with the SM3 don't fit well enough to provide bass reinforcement - think they're too short.  (And both sets are the same size?  Objective???)  Also, the Comply tips seem to suppress the highest frequencies just a bit - though that might be a subjective reaction to the lesser bass of the bi-flange, not sure yet.

Are the tips similar to the included silicons that are a bit longer / narrower (?) that fit the SM3 that anyone can steer me toward?

Ray Garrison

May 6, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 3
Folks would recommend the Sensorcomm biflanges for the SM3, and I'd really like to try this out m'self

Personally, I use the Futuresonics Atrio large sized biflanges on my SM3. The midrange is not so forward with them and there's a better sense of bass extension with the Atrios. Better overall treble energy as well as the stalk of the Atrio eartip is more solid VS the one given by Earsonics for the SM3 and it has a slightly larger exit bore overall. Separation is better too, but soundstage and layering both remain the same IIRC, haven't used the default biflanges in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back