Custom reshelled TF10 vs. JH5?
Dec 11, 2012 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

intoflatlines

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got custom shelled TF10 right now, but I'm looking to move to a "better" custom IEMs. Would the dual low/single high custom shelled TF10 be considered better or worse than the single low/single high JH5? I guess another way to put this is: What custom IEMs in the JH, UE, Westone lineup would be comparable to a custom shelled TF10?

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't think anyone can answer that since there is not a "standard" repeatable defined sound with a reshelled TF10 (not that I'm aware of anyway)   For what it's worth, my JH5 sounds much better than stock TF10 in pretty much every area except soundstage is a little smaller on JH5.

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #4 of 4
Even though the JH5 is a dual driver it has a dual bore exit holes which must help in some way.  Also the fact that it is a custom everything sounds very "together" and cohesive.  I just don't get that with TF10.  I generally like it but the midrange seems really separated from the extended bass and treble.  Treble on JH5 is very underrated.  It is quite extended, probably equal to TF10 and my W3.  Midrange is a lot like UM3X but not quite as forward.  Bass is pretty big and full.  A little more mid bass than DEEP bass but no mid bass hump at least.

Treble:  even
Midrange:  JH5
Bass:  even
Soundstage: TF10

But a big advantage with JH5 on fit (duh) and overall cohesiveness.  Another minor point but TF10 will distort at high volumes + bassy music but JH5 does none of that.  You would blow your skull off your head before it would distort. I think they both do well with a wide variety of genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back