Custom IEMs for 14 year old
Mar 24, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 10
Thanks, what are the best universals for rap like this song (is in spanish btw):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8tuF1KE1t0

I am between the w3 and the sm3

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 10
In my opinion the SM3's are superior to the W3's.  The W3's have more bass which might be better for songs like those but the overall sound of the SM3's is still better imo. 

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #6 of 10
There are quite a few users here who are your age and have custom IEM's.  MaoDi is one, the now-banned hockeyb4385 (or whatever it was), as well as DaveDerek.  In fact, I believe each has multiple high-end models from the various major players. 

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #9 of 10
I haven't heard the SM3's though, I've heard both the Um3x and Westone 3 a/b'ing them both and must say I much prefer the UM3x and I find the bass quantity to be sufficient and the W3 being a little to over emphasized and the sibliance is just damn annoying.

Just had a listen to the song you posted, I'd say you'd prob prefer the W3 when listening to like these kinds of genres.

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
There are quite a few users here who are your age and have custom IEM's.  MaoDi is one, the now-banned hockeyb4385 (or whatever it was), as well as DaveDerek.  In fact, I believe each has multiple high-end models from the various major players. 

MaoDi was 16 or 17 in 2009 when he started getting all those customs; he also probably got some kind of special deal as he got far too many expensive customs for a 16 or17-year-old - ie he couldn't possibly afford so many - and started writing 'reviews'. hockeyb213 was 16 when he got his JH13s and also got all manner of expensive gear, was very immature and contributed substantially to all the hype sorrounding the JH13s. DaveDereK is over 40 years old!

I would suggest getting universal IEMs until the OP is at least 18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back