Custom IEMs Chinese market - There is an explosion in the Chinese market for custom IEMs!!!
Jun 4, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #31 of 113
It is a matter of time before the Chinese companies perfect their craft and they sound like the 13s or 16s and charge a lot less. IMHO, JH overcharges, but people buy so there is no change. Great company, and loyal consumers, just over priced.

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #32 of 113

Quote:
  The hybird custom IEM is quite new, i remember it's released at about half a year ago. Only a few of this has been made and i found just one useful review, gonna translate it later

Sorry but here in Italy, there's a guy that builds hybrid IEM.
http://www.earpower.it/EP-10_plus.html
A single mixed-technology model to choose: a dynamic driver and two balanced drivers per channel. It is a few years that this guy (Mr. Sergio) factory this type of IEM and many Italian musicians are his customers.
http://www.earpower.it/Album_Foto.html
An IEM costs from him, including fingerprint ear canal, about 600 euros.

Jun 11, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #33 of 113
Quick update ... impressions were sent off two weeks ago to HiFi Intl. here in Japan and forwarded on to Rooth in China. Takes anywhere from 3 - 5 weeks for completion of both the JH13 remolds and the LS8 customs.

Stay tuned.

Skoog

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #34 of 113
Update 6.16.10 - Heard from my contact that the Rooth LS8s have shipped. Should arrive sometime next week. Will get photos and initial impressions up as soon as I can.

Skoog

Jun 16, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #36 of 113

Quote:
I wish the ordering process was a bit simpler... Anyway, how is the english of these manufacturers?

Actually the ordering process was quite simple. I went through a company in Japan that is representing the Chinese company. The contact person here is fluent in English. The turnaround will have taken about three weeks total.

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #37 of 113

Quote:
It is a matter of time before the Chinese companies perfect their craft and they sound like the 13s or 16s and charge a lot less. IMHO, JH overcharges, but people buy so there is no change. Great company, and loyal consumers, just over priced.

Overpriced?  Hardly, when you factor in the reputation, the cost of development and 2 year warranty and the no-questions asked manufacturer's warranty on the JHA IEMs.  How much does it worth to you to have that support behind the product you're buying?  Every high-end custom IEM manufacturer charges around the same amount for a comparable model with a couple hundred $$ difference.  Does that worth taking a chance on an unknown manufacturer with an unproven product?  Not for me, but I live in the US.

I also find that comment funny because you did invest in a $300+ TWag cable.  So, paying $1,149 for a high-end pair of customs is overpriced but the $300 cable is OK.  I personally believe they are both wonderful products and market priced, as there are enough people out there buying them, myself included.  Would I like to pay less?  Sure, but not at the cost of compromising on quality.

I hope this experiment works out for you and realized some savings while getting the quality product you expect.  Looking forward reading your upcoming review.

Jun 23, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #38 of 113

Quote:
Overpriced?  Hardly, when you factor in the reputation, the cost of development and 2 year warranty and the no-questions asked manufacturer's warranty on the JHA IEMs.  How much does it worth to you to have that support behind the product you're buying?  Every high-end custom IEM manufacturer charges around the same amount for a comparable model with a couple hundred $$ difference.  Does that worth taking a chance on an unknown manufacturer with an unproven product?  Not for me, but I live in the US.

I also find that comment funny because you did invest in a $300+ TWag cable.  So, paying $1,149 for a high-end pair of customs is overpriced but the $300 cable is OK.  I personally believe they are both wonderful products and market priced, as there are enough people out there buying them, myself included.  Would I like to pay less?  Sure, but not at the cost of compromising on quality.

I hope this experiment works out for you and realized some savings while getting the quality product you expect.  Looking forward reading your upcoming review.

Point taken - For the record never did pull the trigger on the TWAG, thought it was too expensive, just haven't updated my sig.

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #39 of 113

Quote:
Sorry but here in Italy, there's a guy that builds hybrid IEM.
http://www.earpower.it/EP-10_plus.html
A single mixed-technology model to choose: a dynamic driver and two balanced drivers per channel. It is a few years that this guy (Mr. Sergio) factory this type of IEM and many Italian musicians are his customers.
http://www.earpower.it/Album_Foto.html
An IEM costs from him, including fingerprint ear canal, about 600 euros.

Just found out UM and Rooth is actually the same company,or at least run by a same group of people

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #40 of 113
Haowai - not sure if it is the same company. It is my understanding that it is a couple of the engineers that left UM and started Rooth.

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:18 AM Post #44 of 113
Reshells and customs from Rooth are on the way, most likely will arrive this week. Will post initial impressions and photos.

Jun 27, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #45 of 113
How much you have to spend on postage of impressions for a reasonably fast courier service to mainland China, incl. eventual customs clearance? I am not sure for how long the impressions stay in shape. In an ideal case, a local sales representative does a 3D scan, rather sending impressions by mail or courier. All that could kill the cost advantage of manufacture in China. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back