Custom-colored Sennheiser HD 25-1 II adidas (a lot of big photos inside)
May 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #63 of 124
Yeah I'm not sure why those colored pads seem to be only sold on obscure European websites. It's a shame since I heard that they negatively impact the sound quality or isolation compared to the Sennheiser pads (not that I'd really notice anyway). But yeah if Colorware does start doing these, I probably won't send mine in anyway since the paint job will cost as much or more than the headphones themselves.

May 5, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #64 of 124

Quote:
Yeah I'm not sure why those colored pads seem to be only sold on obscure European websites. It's a shame since I heard that they negatively impact the sound quality or isolation compared to the Sennheiser pads (not that I'd really notice anyway). But yeah if Colorware does start doing these, I probably won't send mine in anyway since the paint job will cost as much or more than the headphones themselves.

I'm not sure I understand your wording. It's a shame that they are only sold in Europe because they negatively impact sound quality? Are you saying you want poorer sound quality?

On a separate note, does anyone have any links on where to get, or how to go about fitting, custom coloured wiring?

May 5, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #66 of 124

Quote:

On a separate note, does anyone have any links on where to get, or how to go about fitting, custom coloured wiring?

Howdy.... I normally just wrap the standard cable with cable braid. Here is a link to my HD25 cable wrapping guide  - http://www.customcans.co.uk/blog/?p=180. So far I have only found black, clear and red curly cables. You can also buy the blue Adidas cable from Sennheiser

May 5, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #68 of 124

Quote:
Howdy.... I normally just wrap the standard cable with cable braid. Here is a link to my HD25 cable wrapping guide  - http://www.customcans.co.uk/blog/?p=180. So far I have only found black, clear and red curly cables. You can also buy the blue Adidas cable from Sennheiser

Mate, so cool to see you on head-fi. Saw you on dj-forums and just joined your facebook group. You have some serious talent when it comes to styling out headphones. I am surprised Sennheiser haven't hired you to spruce up the HD-25 for them. 

May 6, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #69 of 124

Quote:
@jfunk Welcome to Head-fi, I like the custom phones you make. For pads, do you order new ones or just dye the stock ones yourself?

I buy new ones - I tried dyeing the plain ones with vinyl dye but it did not turn out well. 

Quote:
Mate, so cool to see you on head-fi. Saw you on dj-forums and just joined your facebook group. You have some serious talent when it comes to styling out headphones. I am surprised Sennheiser haven't hired you to spruce up the HD-25 for them. 

I have been contacted by sennheiser and sony about tarting up headphones for some VIPs but don't have the the capacity to make enough to cover my own orders at the moment

May 6, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #71 of 124

Quote:

Thanks so much for that, it's exactly what I was looking for :)

May 7, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #72 of 124
I would like to try it out myself..
Anyone has any idea what kind of paints would be good?(doesn't come off, leaves a good smooth finish)

May 7, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #73 of 124

Quote:
I would like to try it out myself..
Anyone has any idea what kind of paints would be good?(doesn't come off, leaves a good smooth finish)

Model paint like humbrol or revel give a good finish on plastics and being enamel it is tough - Or car paint works well as well.... You need to sand them first to give the paint something to key into then lacquer them for super shiny finish. If you are using an airbrush I would recommend AutoAir colours. That is what I use most of the time and they also do quite a few special effect paints

May 9, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #74 of 124
A couple more questions from me if anyone is still reading this. What thickness of braided cable sleeving should I be looking for, and can anyone recommend any decent UK/EU suppliers? I've really struggled to find what I'm looking for so any help would be appreciated.

May 9, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #75 of 124

Quote:
A couple more questions from me if anyone is still reading this. What thickness of braided cable sleeving should I be looking for, and can anyone recommend any decent UK/EU suppliers? I've really struggled to find what I'm looking for so any help would be appreciated.

I reckon 6mm is best and they have a good selection at http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back