Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3
Apr 18, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #46 of 343
Please take your time! You've earned my respect for being the only manufacturer willing to post detailed measurements and comparisons to other headphones.
That really means a lot to us objective folks.

Couldn't agree more. With headphones in general, and it is even worse in CIEMs, it seems like manufacturers want you to buy their brand instead of their product. I just want to know if I'll like how it sounds before I spend my hard earned dollars. Thanks Piotr!

Apr 18, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #47 of 343
it seems like manufacturers want you to buy their brand instead of their product.

I agree.

...but I think it also depends on how desperately a customer feels the need to 'Be The Ultimate' 
beyersmile.png

Apr 18, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #48 of 343
  Please take your time! You've earned my respect for being the only manufacturer willing to post detailed measurements and comparisons to other headphones.
That really means a lot to us objective folks.

Also, looking at the CSD one more time, it looks like there is zero decay at all until somewhere around 5ms. Taking 5ms as the start point gives a healthy decay of 2.5ms or so, which is definitely cleaner than most others I've seen. Perhaps something went wrong in the measurement process?

Thanks, that's not really a problem for me. I trust that people who are asking about graphs can actually read them.

For the CSD I don't think there's a issue with measurement. This is how I do my CSD. Some different sources can use different configuration settings for it and may result in different spacing, I'm going to attach more csds at different settings.

Uncompensated IEC711, Shure SE535 with comply T100:

Some more CSD of Ei.3

Apr 18, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #49 of 343
  Thanks, that's not really a problem for me. I trust that people who are asking about graphs can actually read them.

For the CSD I don't think there's a issue with measurement. This is how I do my CSD. Some different sources can use different configuration settings for it and may result in different spacing, I'm going to attach more csds at different settings.

(snip)

Thank you again for the measurements!
Looks like it's just a difference in measurement rigs and measurement procedure, and I shouldn't be comparing measurements taken by different people.

I'm quite surprised at how the CSD's can look drastically different based on the settings. What I'm even more impressed at is how you did four of them at different settings instead of cherrypicking the one that looks the best. Thank you again for taking the time to measure them! You've earned yourself a future customer
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #50 of 343

Thank you again for the measurements!
Looks like it's just a difference in measurement rigs and measurement procedure, and I shouldn't be comparing measurements taken by different people.

I'm quite surprised at how the CSD's can look drastically different based on the settings. What I'm even more impressed at is how you did four of them at different settings instead of cherrypicking the one that looks the best. Thank you again for taking the time to measure them! You've earned yourself a future customer
biggrin.gif

No problem :wink: and thank you.

I use 50dB range with 10.31ms as my "cheery-picked" setting simply because it can show enough relevant data.

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #53 of 343
When will these be in more people's ears @piotrus-g?

Check out CA's FB :wink:
First Ei.3s have already been shipped to their owners. I guess you won't have to wait for too long before you hear from them.

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #55 of 343
Personally, I'm torn between Ei.3 and spending more. I know I don't want silicone CIEMs due to durability concerns. I'm trying to figure out what sound I will be happy with that way I won't be dashing to upgrade in less than a year. Ideally I want my first customs to last me through college (which I start this fall). I don't know at what price point that balance falls where sound quality is "good enough". I'd put it at $400-$500 for full size cans for that sound I'm talking about. Sure, cans get way better, but with the law of diminishing returns, it doesn't get WAY better. I want that in a CIEM, but I don't know where that is, or with how many drivers that is for customs.

TLDR; I have no idea what I'm doing but will probably buy the Ei.3 because they seem like a good deal, from a good guy, and have bass emphasis.

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #57 of 343
You could always inquire about getting M2 in acrylic. I got a review unit, and they're great all 'rounders that respond well to EQ-ing up the bass.

Good idea, and I'm sure you are correct, but unfortunately for me that's not a great plan. I like bassy IEMs but I also like my mids full, lush, juicy, romantic, and intimate. I also prefer a slightly laid back treble. The Music Two is a slight v-shape from what I hear. AKA, not for me. I like smooth and laid back sound signatures, not fist pump, rock the house ones. At least 95% of the time.

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #59 of 343

Good idea, and I'm sure you are correct, but unfortunately for me that's not a great plan. I like bassy IEMs but I also like my mids full, lush, juicy, romantic, and intimate. I also prefer a slightly laid back treble. The Music Two is a slight v-shape from what I hear. AKA, not for me. I like smooth and laid back sound signatures, not fist pump, rock the house ones. At least 95% of the time.

If you ask me this description fits well Ei.3 bass emphasis, intimate close mids, and smoothed out highs.

Oh and we don't do acrylic versions of our silicone monitors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back