Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3
Apr 15, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #31 of 343
I had not heard about this CIEM yet. I have been intrigued with Piotr's work for some time now, but kind of ignored the Music Two's because I don't like V-shaped.
These very much peak my interest as I love headphones that are warm, full, and intimate, with a polite treble response. These might be perfect for me and I can't wait!

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #32 of 343
When will you have a product page for these piotrus-g? I'm curious what the sound signature ratings and FR graph for these will look. I was interested in M2 after the U.S. Tour but do listen to a lot of electronic and metal and think the Ei.3 might be a better choice.

Any chance you could post a FR graph or at least comment on how it looks compared to M2? More bass obviously, but I'm curious how similar it is for mids and treble...

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #33 of 343
When will you have a product page for these @piotrus-g? I'm curious what the sound signature ratings and FR graph for these will look. I was interested in M2 after the U.S. Tour but do listen to a lot of electronic and metal and think the Ei.3 might be a better choice.

Any chance you could post a FR graph or at least comment on how it looks compared to M2? More bass obviously, but I'm curious how similar it is for mids and treble...

of course no problem! I 'll post some graphs tomorrow

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #36 of 343
Thanks @piotrus-g

Do you remember what filters were on the SE846? If superimposed at 1k, it looks like the Ei.3 keeps up well with SE846 in the bass department but might have added clarity and soundstage due to the 8k peak.  I know you're MOTT, but can you comment on that?

Ei.3 looks very tempting.  I thought M2 might be my first CIEM, but this new Ei.3 has really captured my attention!

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #37 of 343
I don't know SE846 all too well, having listened to them for about 1,5 hour total. But I wouldn't expect Ei.3 to perform at the level of the SE846 in the highs precision department.
SE846 also have a pretty wide soundstage (I'm less sure about that one). Ei.3 actually has a really really wide soundstage, probably on par or close to that of my H8P. It is markedly less deep, like much shallower than the stage of H8P.
Of course, I'm not comparing Ei.3 to H8P, just trying to give references for comparison purposes. By comparison again, the soundstage is quite a bit deeper than that of Sleek Audio SA7 (which is still own).

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #38 of 343
  Thanks @piotrus-g

Do you remember what filters were on the SE846? If superimposed at 1k, it looks like the Ei.3 keeps up well with SE846 in the bass department but might have added clarity and soundstage due to the 8k peak.  I know you're MOTT, but can you comment on that?

Ei.3 looks very tempting.  I thought M2 might be my first CIEM, but this new Ei.3 has really captured my attention!

I think those were reference filters. It's always really hard for me to compare soundstage of universal IEM vs cIEM. Generally Ei.3 sounds open spacious and enveloping. However it won't be as detailed as some high-end uIEM which is understandable as it was not a goal with Ei.3

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #39 of 343
Is the decay really supposed to be *that* slow? In most CSD's I've seen the treble decays within 4ms at the most.

I'm assuming that it's just a measurement artifact. Peter, can you please post CSD's of another earphone for comparison?

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #40 of 343
  Is the decay really supposed to be *that* slow? In most CSD's I've seen the treble decays within 4ms at the most.

I'm assuming that it's just a measurement artifact. Peter, can you please post CSD's of another earphone for comparison?

Such decay time results in natural sound and decay time of less than 4 ms will result in "analitycal"/too fast sound. Of course everything IMHO>.

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #41 of 343
Can someone make a comparison to a full size or on ear headphone that has a similar sound signature to the Ei.3? I'm so close to ordering these, but just want to make sure I like them as I am quite picky about sound signature.

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #45 of 343

tomorrow :)

Please take your time! You've earned my respect for being the only manufacturer willing to post detailed measurements and comparisons to other headphones.
That really means a lot to us objective folks.

Also, looking at the CSD one more time, it looks like there is zero decay at all until somewhere around 5ms. Taking 5ms as the start point gives a healthy decay of 2.5ms or so, which is definitely cleaner than most others I've seen. Perhaps something went wrong in the measurement process?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back